January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Well warnock is going on a permanet - so thats his 40k a week for a start. Hutton is on 30k, so say they pick up half thats 55k. ??

Well, I guess Leeds probaly could offer Warnock 15k for 18 months then we will pay 40-15=25k to Warnock for 6 months. Thats my take on it, all for Warnock to agree to move.  It´s the players market....

I'd have NRC ,he was part of MF that kept us up under Houllier.Is he the most talented player around hell not but he 

is a strong character and we need that right now.Also this would be his last chance to get a prem league deal so he 

would be very motivated.

Unless we have someone better lined up, i would offer him a deal as he has the no nonsense approach that we need right now.

If we were in for Sissoko and made a bid for Coutinho. There has to be something left.

Two more players leave... Start of the transfer window.. he said we were after a DM and a centre back. Whats changed? besides heavier losses?

I still think were in for someone. If we cant find anyone id sign Reo Coker on a performance based contract.

I think that our current wage allowence is at its maximum.

If we got Ireland off the books we could give his £60k wages to another player (or £30k two new players etc).

There is still potential to have players on big wages but currently all our big wages are taken up by players already at the club.

Who sets the 'allowance'

Dunne and Warnock will be gone by May at the latest.

There doesn't seem the will at Aston Villa to bring in new players - meanwhile £70m tv sponsorship is being tossed out of the window. It has very little to dso with 'freeing up' wages.

Have i missed something ? Like we have two days left after we've prepared for tonights game.

And both hutton and warnock are on they're way out ?

Shouldnt we be keeping everyone and anyone as it literally cant get much worse than it already is if we're not prepared to buy ?

However cant say ill miss either of them.

And yeah as for NRC i'd take him on a deal till the end of the season. As mentioned before he cant do worse than the current crop. But no panic... just positive thinking eh ?

Well he said that players we were interested in we have been outbid for,  so there must be some money.  Unless that was bollocks too,  which given who we are talking about is probably more accurate

Julian Bennetts @julian_bennetts

Been to see Sam Allardyce this morning. On Diame: 'It is total confusion. I'm as confused as anyone. We might lose him. I hope we don't.'

She still spouting rubbish on Twitter.  Havent seen her on here since she was telling us that Dale Stevens was held up in a hotel room waiting to be revealed.

She still spouting rubbish on Twitter.  Havent seen her on here since she was telling us that Dale Stevens was held up in a hotel room waiting to be revealed.

Pretty sure Julian wouldn't be happy with you calling him a women. But Julie is still about on twitter. Couldn't think why she stopped posting here??

Different person.

That's not her unless she's had gender reassignment.

Well he said that players we were interested in we have been outbid for,  so there must be some money.  Unless that was bollocks too,  which given who we are talking about is probably more accurate

It might just be spin, true.

Still, Lerner is not one to play out his targets through the media, so it's hard to know what the limit is. Perhaps $0?

Haha this is Julian Bennetts - A sports journalist in London.

You're thinking of Julie Bayley - A financial planner from Cumbria.  :P

Desperate times call for desperate measures, I would go back in for NRC, as others say he left because he wasnt worth what he wanted.

Also (dont shoot me) but I would take Curtis Davies back, decent centre back. Knows how to head and pass a ball. Available cheapish, but only thing is would he come back to us. Depends on how we treated him when he left

Desperate times call for desperate measures, I would go back in for NRC, as others say he left because he wasnt worth what he wanted.

Also (dont shoot me) but I would take Curtis Davies back, decent centre back. Knows how to head and pass a ball. Available cheapish, but only thing is would he come back to us. Depends on how we treated him when he left

If I remember correctly we 'did a Bent' with him by refusing to play him in any more league games in order to avoid triggering a clause in his contract that would entitle WBA to extra money. I can't imagine he'd be in a hurry to come back here.