January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

I'm sorry to keep banging the same old drum, but...

Nigel Reo-Coker.

He's free, he wasn't good enough for us when we were finishing 6th, but we're not that team anymore. He is better than what we have, he is stronger and he was a bloody good captain, so much so that there were unhappy VT'ers when Stan got the nod over him!

He left as we wouldn't give him £40k a week, now, he can't ask for close to that.

He's a steady and strong player, sure, he passes sideways a lot, but he doesn't concede possession like Bannan does and e has far more strength the KEA.

Disagree if you want, but for me, I'd be bloody elated if we get NRC!

The same NRC that was relegated with Bolton and is not good enough for Ipswich?

Agreed. I'd get NRC back here in a heartbeat. I didn't want to lose him in the first place but he wasn't worth the 40k he wanted.

We need that tenacity in the middle of the park. His job won't be threading through balls up to the strikers or wingers. It'll be to break up play, hassle, play the short pass. He can do that.

I hope we dont go for Malouda but if we do there is nothing to suggest we would be paying all his wages, £50K a week would be saving Chelsea £50K a week wouldnt it.

And we wont be stuck with crazy wages if we go down.  Makes sense

I don't think we're in a position to be that choosy. Players are'nt exactly banging on the door to play for us, so bringing back NRC at a lower wage is a no-brainer for me. Compared to Bannan the guy is a workhorse.

We certainly won't be able to if we go down. It's a balancing act for the club but IMO we have to take a few smaller risks on players our squad is desperate for (CB/DM) in order to give us a fighting chance of survival. We much get a couple of players in tomorrow/Thursday.

Mos def, just pointing out we won't be gettin people like sissoko on £75k a week.

This.

We've got organise the mess that is our finances before we start bringing in big wages again.

We wil eventually be able to do it again (£50/60k probably for the right player) but not at the moment.

If paying £50k/60k a week is a problem now - why won't it be in the future ?  - Why aren't the wages a problem for Fulham, Stoke, etc

I think youve swallowed the wages hype to easily. If Randy wanted to recruit players on those sort of wages, he could - The key is he doesn't want to.  Now you might say fair enough - But running a football club was never going to cheap - or profitable 

To me I want us to take forward strides not backward steps.  NRC strikes me as a backward step.  BUT on saying that he would do a job for us in the middle thats for sure

Is it a backward step though, Richard? Surely our priority is to just stay up and we're not going to be attracting anyone 'big' enough anytime soon.

With NRC, we at least know what we're getting and he needs the work.

So lambert has admitted we were in for Sissko and several others but haven't been able to compete financially.

It's a complete disgrace what is happening to us and it's all Lerners doing. I'm sick of it. It makes no sense what so ever to not help him out. Doing everything on the cheap.

I actually agree with Lerner on Sissoko deal.  As good of a player he is, he is not worth £75k pw.  If we are trying to trim the wage bill then paying someone like that, that much money doesnt make sense.  You can get a similar level of player on half those wages.  Question is, will we even pay that!

If paying £50k/60k a week is a problem now - why won't it be in the future ?  - Why aren't the wages a problem for Fulham, Stoke, etc

I think youve swallowed the wages hype to easily. If Randy wanted to recruit players on those sort of wages, he could - The key is he doesn't want to.  Now you might say fair enough - But running a football club was never going to cheap - or profitable 

I think that our current wage allowence is at its maximum.

If we got Ireland off the books we could give his £60k wages to another player (or £30k two new players etc).

There is still potential to have players on big wages but currently all our big wages are taken up by players already at the club.

2 days to go before we go and still no sign of anyone arriving.

I think we will spend the whole amount of what Lambert has, on a DM. Its not ideal, but at least with Dunne returning, it gives him the option to concentrate his efforts there.

Fingers crossed!

I think that our current wage allowence is at its maximum.

If we got Ireland off the books we could give his £60k wages to another player (or £30k two new players etc).

There is still potential to have players on big wages but currently all our big wages are taken up by players already at the club.

Exactly.  You cant give out £75k pw contracts out if you still have 8 or 9 players on the books earning too much money that dont contribute.