January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

So just saw that Lambert has said that we need a little help hinting at some incomings.  Thank **** for that.

Don't bloody count on it.

Oliver Kay@OliverKayTimes

Paul Lambert suggests new signings unlikely before deadline: "I'm not so sure. The situation hasn't changed since January 1st" #avfc

They won't be paying him anywhere near that.

That was just his agent's hopeful opening gambit. 

Bottom line is he demanded high wages, hes unproven... doesn't deserve high wages/goes against Lamberts new policy.

much better players out there demanding less. 

Before you try and say he was cheap though (no he wasn't cheap in the long term) plus we dont have problems with transfer fees, we have problems with WAGESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who the hell has Lambert been trying to sign?

From the start of the window I've listed completely realistic names that would 80% likely have got us out of this mess.

We don't need bloody Westwood or Bannan in midfield, get Danny Murphy and NRC in the middle of the pitch to dictate terms for the remainder of this season.

We don't need Clark at the back, we need a commanding physical presence like Zat Knight.

Up front we are fine.

Bottom line is he demanded high wages, hes unproven... doesn't deserve high wages/goes against Lamberts new policy.

much better players out there demanding less. 

Before you try and say he was cheap though (no he wasn't cheap in the long term) plus we dont have problems with transfer fees, we have problems with WAGESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do we ?  - and why don't Newcastle ?  - we are the only PL club cutting costs - and it is going to cost us £70m in TV money

Given we have since Jan 1, played, WBA, Bradford, Millwall, Newcastle - in a weird way I will be pissed off if a couple of players turn up before thursday - A couple of average signings, wed have beaten WBA, and May newcastle........(6 points) - I don't see us being Everton away whoever we buy.

Is 1-2 players really going to make a difference? We need 3-4 more players to change this shit. Might as well not bother if we are only in for 1 player.

Edited by Daniel

Given we have since Jan 1, played, WBA, Bradford, Millwall, Newcastle - in a weird way I will be pissed off if a couple of players turn up before thursday - A couple of average signings, wed have beaten WBA, and May newcastle........(6 points) - I don't see us being Everton away whoever we buy.

thats why I don't think we will buy anyone and why if we do I will have mixed feelings