January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Florent Malouda is a conundrum of the highest degree.

A few years ago he was world-class and merited his transfer to Chelsea were he exceled, scored goals and has lots of assists. Then he just... faded? In 2009/10 he had 12 goals/9 assists, in 2010/2011 he returned 13 goals and 5 goals and since then he has barely played 1000 minutes since Juan Mata took his place. Sure he was replaced by a better player, one who is amongst the best midfielders in the world for sure, but why just rot away like he did. Must be the fact that he is on top dollar and just become older and decided to stay there.

As for us getting him, it will never happen in my opinion. He is the type of player who goes to Italy for a top team or opts for Russia/Asia/USA to earn some more cash before he retires.

Nah, they don't use that many letters in the final round of Countdown.

If they did, I've got "Llama underfoot", but nuthin' else.

• Like 4

A few years ago he was world-class and merited his transfer to Chelsea were he exceled, scored goals and has lots of assists. Then he just... faded? In 2009/10 he had 12 goals/9 assists, in 2010/2011 he returned 13 goals and 5 goals and since then he has barely played 1000 minutes since Juan Mata took his place. Sure he was replaced by a better player, one who is amongst the best midfielders in the world for sure, but why just rot away like he did. Must be the fact that he is on top dollar and just become older and decided to stay there.

As for us getting him, it will never happen in my opinion. He is the type of player who goes to Italy for a top team or opts for Russia/Asia/USA to earn some more cash before he retires.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2266709/Florent-Maloudas-Chelsea-exclusion-damaging-team-spirit-Neil-Ashton.html