January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

I know it won't happen, but I'd happily bring back a whole plethora of players who have been intentionally sold off by Villa in recent times.

Davies, Reo Coker, Collins, Cuellar, Luke Young... hell maybe even Salifou.

Our income is higher than most premiership teams.

Why do you continue to talk about this club as if its some newly promoted team?

From MoN's time spending had to be reduced but this argument that spending in the summer or now could or would bankrupt us is rubbish. Especially when tv money is increasing if we stay up this year.

It sounds like some would have no problem with us going down and staying down.

You are really struggling to come to terms with this aren't you - Lambert has got drastically reduce the wage bill and there will be no money to bring people in until the top earners move out.

If you've got a problem with that you need to address it to Lerner and Faulkner not moan about other fans who in your warped view "have no problem with us going down and staying down" - what a ridiculous statement! and what an insult! what fan would want his team to get relegated? Maybe a few are resigned to that happening but no-one is pleased about it.

whatever the negative outlook, the fact that we were in for the player shows we have money available. I wouldn't have wanted us to go near £75k pw (not that I think it was that figure actually)

I think Ashley is banking on him having a good end of season and flogging him.

Something has happened - Lambert gave a list of options to PF, who was supposed understand terms and then do the deals. I think Lambert expected 3 or 4 incoming. The fact that names like Sissoko were on the list shows where our thinking was at the time and the fact that we look unlikely to bring anyone in shows that something has changed the situation.

My best guess is that someone was in for Bent and has since dropped out (Liverpool?) - hence why Bent wasn't played last year and wasn't allowed to trigger the Sunderland apperance clause

They are either playing a very good game of we are skint or we are financially screwed.

To think that Hutton and Warnock are leaving, which potentially frees up 60k of wages, but we're still short of being able to do any business is just mind boggling.

One the first point - we are not playing a very clever game

On the second point - I would guess we are paying the lions share of Hutton and Warnock's wages still

Something has happened - Lambert gave a list of options to PF, who was supposed understand terms and then do the deals. I think Lambert expected 3 or 4 incoming. The fact that names like Sissoko were on the list shows where our thinking was at the time and the fact that we look unlikely to bring anyone in shows that something has changed the situation.

My best guess is that someone was in for Bent and has since dropped out (Liverpool?) - hence why Bent wasn't played last year and wasn't allowed to trigger the Sunderland apperance clause

Possibly. Or Lambert has a list of options and Sissoko's wages were too high for us to pay, even if Bent left. Maybe we are waiting to get Warnock and Hutton off the books to give us a little more flexibility in the last couple of days but we still wouldn't go as crazy as £50k/week+ anymore.

• Like 1

If we were in for Sissoko and made a bid for Coutinho. There has to be something left.

We weren't IN for Sissoko - we enquired of his agent and when we heard how much we quietly backed out the door

We didn't make a bid for Coutinho either (where did this come from?) - I'm not even sure that we enquired about him

We weren't IN for Sissoko - we enquired of his agent and when we heard how much we quietly backed out the door

We didn't make a bid for Coutinho either (where did this come from?) - I'm not even sure that we enquired about him

Doug Ellis tactics, 'enquiring' about players that we knew we had no chance of signing.