January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Our net spend was low but I think that was more to do with Lerner's decison. Being described as crippled makes it sound as though we couldn't have spent more. I don't agree.

Also like I said if Lerner had been better after Mon left no one would be complaining or trying to attach blame.

Blaming MON 3 years and 3 managers later is ridiculous.

I meant crippled as in as we couldn't justify buying players for certain positions as we all ready had a back up who was earning far too much money and not getting games. Sure if we had Man City's cash we could but we do not. I'm not saying it's all his fault, but I think things have snowballed because of him. The wages were the obvious issue, and McLeish (Given, Hutton, N'Zogbia, Jenas) did not help that, nor did Houiller (Makoun) or the Ireland deal. I think it makes perfect sense that we had to get the wages down and for Lerner to tighten the purse strings, what has been spent has been spent poorly (not MoN's fault) and thus why were are where we are in the league.

Houllier was given the best part of 30 mil to spend in the Jan transfer window on Bent and Makoun and allowed to loan in Walker and Bradley. We could do with that kind of investment now.

was he? bent was £18 million and makoun was less than 5 million, doesnt add up to £30 million , it doesnt add up to the best oart of 30 million, it adds up to 23 million

was he? bent was £18 million and makoun was less than 5 million, doesnt add up to £30 million , it doesnt add up to the best oart of 30 million, it adds up to 23 million

An initial 18 mill with add ons potentially rising to 24 mill for Bent. You can almost guarantee that one of the triggers for part of that extra 6mill would have been staying up that season. If you just go half way and say Bent has cost 21 mill so far and I believe Makon cost 6 mill not 5 but even if you said 5 that would be 26 mill so the best part of 30 mill. Of course on top of that we also loaned Bradley and Walker and I'd imagine there were loan fees invovled there.

Whatever way you want to look at it we could certainly do with that level of investment now.

Edited by markavfc40

Wage bill compared to income - for me that's down to the owner. Why would the manager know more about our income and future income than the owner? Would would he have more responsibility to control it over the owner?

Did MON make Lerner hire houllier?

Did MON make houllier destroy every good thing about the squad he left?

Did he make Lerner hire Mcleish?

It's been 3 years. He left us with a wage bill that was too high but with the chances we've had to do things better i don't see how he can keep being blamed.

i thought he was asking 200k wages. 90k wages is a snip (not for us) but for a bigger club.

Meanwhile.. apparantly Sissoko is deciding today who he is signing for. I think hes gonna goto Marseille.

AVFC still two and a half years have still not replaced milner..the day we beat west ham at home was milners last game,since that day i challenge any one to convince me we have signed a player who has done more than milner for avfc since that day. MIDFIELD IS THE PROBLEM