January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Another spanking is on the cards

Birmingham should have over a foot of snow by Saturday morning.

How efficient is the West Brom groundskeeping?

A postponed match and an enforced mid-season break would suit us.

Won't help us on the transfer front though if Lerner has his finger on the Eject Manager button, just waiting for one more bad result to press it.

Edited by Con

It isn't the pitch that is the problem but the public areas (stands) and the traveling crowds with no public transport that may get the games postponed.

Between now and Saturday evening the temperature is not going to get above freezing.

They'll be lying snow on the roads, and it'll be icy.

Very strong case for postponed match. Bradford game may have to be rescheduled too as the temperature won't get back above freezing again before Wednesday.

Question is whether we can make the most of what is probably going to be a nation-wide break from football.

Well we've done **** all in 17 days why would that change over the next 4 or 5 arctic days

I really think we're not signing anyone

Knew this from Jan 1st. I can't help but thinking that everything about us at the moment is freaking useless.

No, the Dale Stephens rumour is from twitter. No newspaper articles have links us to him this transfer window.

Not my memory - we were linked with him early this window in the media. JulieB went a step further and said it was all done and dusted and would be announced pretty quickly. - This hasn't happened yet.

Birmingham should have over a foot of snow by Saturday morning.

How efficient is the West Brom groundskeeping?

A postponed match and an enforced mid-season break would suit us.

Won't help us on the transfer front though if Lerner has his finger on the Eject Manager button, just waiting for one more bad result to press it.

west brom are quite good as getting their ground sorted when it snows, the train/ tram stops right outside the ground anyway and the main soho road will be clear of snow as it is a main road to the city centre, i would expect the game to be on unless there is a blizzard

although it shows how desperate we are now, hoping it snows to avoid another embarassing defeat

cheers lambo

Well we've done **** all in 17 days why would that change over the next 4 or 5 arctic days

I really think we're not signing anyone

All evidence points that way. Certainly we have learnt the past 17 days that , amazingly, the club didnt think we needed strengthening enough to have any business lined up for the start of the window.

Stephens and Boateng would be nice signings, both midfielders and both 6ft tall which would be good for our midget squad. I hope to god there is a centre back and left back on the horizon too.Vlaar, Clark and Baker just isnt strong enough and Im not sure about Dunnes fitness either. At left back Stevens, Lichaj and the Chav are utter shite.

Not my memory - we were linked with him early this window in the media. JulieB went a step further and said it was all done and dusted and would be announced pretty quickly. - This hasn't happened yet.

Ok go and find me a single link to Dale Stephens "this" transfer window. (Good luck with that)

JulieB was reporting the gossip from twitter, those who acknowledged this, are the ones who didn't have their knickers in a twist.

west brom are quite good as getting their ground sorted when it snows, the train/ tram stops right outside the ground anyway and the main soho road will be clear of snow as it is a main road to the city centre, i would expect the game to be on unless there is a blizzard

although it shows how desperate we are now, hoping it snows to avoid another embarassing defeat

cheers lambo

Albion fans on radio WM were saying yesterday that they hope the game is off until they've got there players back.

Someone on here said it was a done deal. JB then got hold of it and it is has snowballed.