January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

It sounds a lot we've breached the peak of actually caring anymore. With yesterday's passing, the constant scramble for transfer tit-bits seems to have subsided somewhat. I don't expect any transfer activity today, or tomorrow, or any other day for that matter.

It sounds a lot we've breached the peak of actually caring anymore. With yesterday's passing, the constant scramble for transfer tit-bits seems to have subsided somewhat. I don't expect any transfer activity today, or tomorrow, or any other day for that matter.

Can't see anyone in before Millwall myself :(

• Like 1

Trouble is..... in terms of transfers and investment it won't end here.

We need massive injection now to keep the club in the PL, but will need it again in the Summer to ensure we can move away from the bottom of the table.

I can see one window of investment... but it won't be enough - of course (if you're into consiracy theories.... (I'm not btw) you could look at it like this: Randy doesn't invest now. We go down...... Randy invests in the summer to take us back up.... Villa win a promotion, we're all happy because the team are winning and we are "going up" Randy gets away relatively unscathed from what should be a PR knightmare.) Not my view like I said. But one that I have heard.

Nah he would never be forgiven for taking us down in the first place

He may as well not invest now anyway the damage has been done all we can do is prepare for the championship next season

Edited by AshVilla

Maybe Lambert wants his targets to come to Villa Park for the Bradford game to experience a full house and atmosphere. Nice way to sell us, make them think it's like that every week!

Could back fire that one, what if we get beat by a div4 side at home?

Look at the net spend since then compared to what O'Neill's net spend was. Houiller if you include the Milner transfer had a net spend of about £2mil,

Given that Milner left about a week after O'Neill departed and about 6 weeks before Houllier arrived if you ae going to include the Milner sale in anyones net spend it should surely be O'Neills.

Houllier was given the best part of 30 mil to spend in the Jan transfer window on Bent and Makoun and allowed to loan in Walker and Bradley. We could do with that kind of investment now.

Edited by markavfc40

Given that Milner left about a week after O'Neill departed and about 6 weeks before Houllier arrived if you ae going to include the Milner sale in anyones net spend it should surely be O'Neills.

Houllier was given the best part of 30 mil to spend in the Jan transfer window on Bent and Makoun and allowed to loan in Walker and Bradley. We could do with that kind of investment now.

I'd have saw it as Milner money went towards Bent to be honest, but we are just nit picking now so we'll leave it ;) Could badly do with that kind of money alright, can't see why we don't go down the loan route, if we do go down we wont have to worry about the players.

Look at the net spend since then compared to what O'Neill's net spend was. Houiller if you include the Milner transfer had a net spend of about £2mil, Mcleish a net spend of about -£23m and Lambert a net spend of roughly £15m. Which means we've had an approx net spend of -£6mil since Mon left, now fair enough, a lot of that money has been pissed away on over paid players who don't care in the slightest about AVFC, but the purse strings were tightened because of O'Neill and what he spent.

Our net spend was low but I think that was more to do with Lerner's decison. Being described as crippled makes it sound as though we couldn't have spent more. I don't agree.

Also like I said if Lerner had been better after Mon left no one would be complaining or trying to attach blame.

Blaming MON 3 years and 3 managers later is ridiculous.