January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

AVFC still two and a half years have still not replaced milner..the day we beat west ham at home was milners last game,since that day i challenge any one to convince me we have signed a player who has done more than milner for avfc since that day. MIDFIELD IS THE PROBLEM

I agree 100,000,000,000% and I have been saying this since Houllier. The rot began when Reo Coker was Milner's replacement in the team.

• Like 1

Still don't fully understand why no one else has come in for Sneijder. I know he's had injury problems in the past, but he's still a quality player. Am amazed Tottenham haven't gone in for him.

I bet 'Arry will be bidding for him to go to QPR. Sell him the 'Laaandan' scene, with all it's razamatazz, post Olympic hangover, posh nosh and bit of 'cheap cant.'

• Like 1

The academy should put one of our young promising DM's in Vlaar's home for a few months, should produce a player of great maturity and intent - much like an aged cheddar. This might sort out our midfield problems.

I'd also recommend that we put anyone in midfield who fails in a room with Benteke staring at them for a long period of time. Should give them the yips and hopefully produce better displays..

• Like 1

Apparently blunderland have bid for Danny Graham's (Swansea) were we not linked with him recently ?

He wants to move back to the north-east apparently so we wouldn't be an option for him. Non-starter.

You're right of course (as usual). Giving up half way through the season is the best policy.

Is there such thing as a best policy when it comes to fans opinions on a message board?

Optimistic or negative makes little difference to what happens on the pitch.

NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS - "The earliest version of this familiar saying was attributed to the English King James I, who wrote in 1616, 'No newis is bettir than evill newis.' Virtually the modern saying appeared some years later in James Howell's 'Familiar Letters' (c. 1645) with the line, 'I am of the Italians mind that said.no news, good news'."

Someone on twitter saying Dale Stephens & Derek Boeteng being held up by agents fees.

Julie Bayley@JulieBayleyIFA

@PeterStempel @shelley_ozzy @MJ39VillaFC All the tweets about DONE DEAL with DS are same situation with DBoateng. Agent fees need sorting

Wouldnt have thought DS agent would be demanding a big fee. Lets hope its the case for DBoateng. Means were not far away.

Is there such thing as a best policy when it comes to fans opinions on a message board?

Optimistic or negative makes little difference to what happens on the pitch.

Just as well I made no reference to matters on the pitch then.

Someone on twitter saying Dale Stephens & Derek Boeteng being held up by agents fees.

Julie Bayley@JulieBayleyIFA

@PeterStempel @shelley_ozzy @MJ39VillaFC All the tweets about DONE DEAL with DS are same situation with DBoateng. Agent fees need sorting

I think you will find Julie Bayley is our very own JulieB so I think I will take that with a pinch of salt.

Telling everyone on VT the rumours circulating on Twitter does make her ITK.

Julie Bayley eh?

hmmmmm.

;)

I think you will find Julie Bayley is our very own JulieB so I think I will take that with a pinch of salt.

Telling everyone on VT the rumours circulating on Twitter does make her ITK.

I knew that. Just said I'd throw it up.