January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

I am more inclined to believe we are waiting to see who we can off load before bringing players in as this may just determine the player we aim for.

PL has given the board a list and they have supposedly said no, maybe its not no but get rid of some players first, Part of me can see this as bringing higher paid players in at the moment is a risk if we go down, maybe the leak to the press about the top earners not having a relegation clause is true and proving more influential to the board than we think.

Here's a thought: A lot of people are complaining on here about signing players from lower divisions, yet we were beaten by a team of 11 players from div 4! Although our players were poor, something also has to be said about the formation and tactics we employed so it was an all round lash up on Tuesday. That said, I know the league is our priority and I agree that too many players from lower divisions will not be able to hold their own week in week out in the prem. I am simply saying that game in particular had nothing to do with the quality of our players as any one of them would be a star for Bradford. It was down to poor tactics and poor effort by the lads.

Having said that, I think we have enough lower league players for now thank you and agree that we desperately need some quality coming in. Unfortunately £10M is not enough to buy 4 quality players and we have too much deadwood hanging about on 40k - 60k per week that we could get a couple of million each for. So far this window, nothing has happened so I cant see the amount of business we need to do being done in the next few weeks.

I cant see a way out of this in the time frame we have I'm afraid.

If we sell anyone to QPR then they all need their pulses checking at VP.. Arry would love that.. strengthen them whilst removing the one player from us who just could come back in & fill a massive hole at the back!.

If they are after Dunne, Warnock or Hutton, I'd come to england to drive them to QPR myself.

If they are after Dunne, Warnock or Hutton, I'd come to england to drive them to QPR myself.

Really?.. Hutton for sure & Warnock maybe, although i can't help but think even he is better than what we have at present. Error prone yes but then so are all of our Left backs. At least Warnock has experience to call on. As for Dunne i just think despite his occasional errors he would reduce the number of goals conceded & could just be the steadying influence we need back there.. At least until the summer.

Only thing which would change my mind on that is if the rumours of "Disruptive influences" are correct of course.

They must be nearing fitness

Am hoping Vlaar and Dunne will suddenly be fit in the same way as Zog, Bent , and Gabby were last week. Those two are probably more important to us now than anyone we're likely to sign.

Zog showed glimpses in his last two games that he can offer something - hopefully he can give us a strong finish to the season.

Really?.. Hutton for sure & Warnock maybe, although i can't help but think even he is better than what we have at present. Error prone yes but then so are all of our Left backs. At least Warnock has experience to call on. As for Dunne i just think despite his occasional errors he would reduce the number of goals conceded & could just be the steadying influence we need back there.. At least until the summer.

Only thing which would change my mind on that is if the rumours of "Disruptive influences" are correct of course.

Fit Dunne would be useful but he's been out over 6 months now, how long do you think he'd be back on match fitness? Warnock and Hutton have been horrible for past two seasons.

Fit Dunne would be useful but he's been out over 6 months now, how long do you think he'd be back on match fitness? Warnock and Hutton have been horrible for past two seasons.

Yeah i see that Jarpie... even so i think we are that bad at the back that even if he is on for an hour or something it would be beneficial to us.... I keep seeing 21 goals against in what, 6 games? That's desperation time!

If we sell anyone to QPR then they all need their pulses checking at VP.. Arry would love that.. strengthen them whilst removing the one player from us who just could come back in & fill a massive hole at the back!.

I agree and if its true that QPR are in for M'Vila then we should go the extra mile to sign him. Not only is he exactly what we need but it would be a psychological victory to beat a rival to his signature.

I am more inclined to believe we are waiting to see who we can off load before bringing players in as this may just determine the player we aim for.

PL has given the board a list and they have supposedly said no, maybe its not no but get rid of some players first, Part of me can see this as bringing higher paid players in at the moment is a risk if we go down, maybe the leak to the press about the top earners not having a relegation clause is true and proving more influential to the board than we think.

If we bring in the right players this month we won't be relegated. We should be spending the money now to insure our safety.