January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Look I'm not bad mouthing Westwood. He looks like he will become a very good player but right now I just don't think he has an impact on the team like Benteke is capable of having.

We need players like that who will come in and have that impact and I worry dale Stephens will not be that player.

Lowton for me has been a real issue, he cannot defend crosses, he is very slow for a full back, terrible at marking, decent at headers though, terrible crossing, I just don't see what everyone else sees in him. Hutton and warnock need to be back in for me.

as you say "This team has just endured probably the worst 3 weeks of our premier league history" (with a weak squad) if there aren't 4 worse teams than us. Then why are we above these 4 teams in the league table? Yes southampton have a game in hand but are they above us no. why do those 4 teams have smaller stadiums then us? why do they have a smaller fan base then us? why does villa have the 7th wealthiest chairman in the premier league? Yes QPR are rich but some man called Mr Hughes had out done previous villa manager and brought in a huge amount of average/shit players in on stupid wages, so imo they're done and dusted.

Why do we have the 7th wealthiest chairman in the league ? - Probably because he brought the club - that doesn't make me feel any more confident.

I don't see what stadium size and fan base have to do with it - if we finish in the bottom 3 - we will go down - irrespective of the stadium or average attendance.

Basically its a villa reserve team - trying to cut it in the premiership. The defence is powder puff - We are taking beatings no like one else - struggle to score goals. QPR have good players, playing badly (similar to villa under Houllier) - we just have bad players. We are playing a number crucial games against fellow strugglers over the next couple of weeks - and the new recruits don't seem imminent.

I am not all confident there are 3 teams worse than us - Id say Reading on a bad day maybe - A QPR revival may or may not happen - if it does our chances of survival slump pretty dramatically IMO

• Like 1

Villa are probably the last team to link stories to the media so the quiet paper stories isnt a surprise, How many of our 8 summer signings were expected, think Vlaar was probably linked the most and thats only cause somebody saw him at VP and posted on twitter

as you say "This team has just endured probably the worst 3 weeks of our premier league history" (with a weak squad) if there aren't 4 worse teams than us. Then why are we above these 4 teams in the league table? Yes southampton have a game in hand but are they above us no. why do those 4 teams have smaller stadiums then us? why do they have a smaller fan base then us? why does villa have the 7th wealthiest chairman in the premier league? Yes QPR are rich but some man called Mr Hughes had out done previous villa manager and brought in a huge amount of average/shit players in on stupid wages, so imo they're done and dusted.

I say we are similar in quality to the bottom 4, arguably worse quality than QPR. You are right, the table doesnt lie, so how will we feel monday if we lose, can we panic then? How about the week after if we lose again, panic? I was panicked January 1st, I am stunned the club wasnt.

Now is the time, while we still can : spend spend spend.

This is no time for sober heads and reflective decision making. We are in a heap of trouble and we need to do everything we can think of to fix it.

Money, bring back out of favour players, buy lots of new players, change formations, I just want to see change and lots of it.

Not sure I understand - If we have shite medical staff - who say Vlaar will be back soon - what confidence do you have thet are correct ?

Where have you got ' Vlaar will be back soon' from ? - Last I heard he wasn't even in training

i ran out of posts couldn't reply.... ok so Vlaar had his injury assessed on November 24th, In our next games post match interview Lambert was asked how long is he out for. Lambert said he'll be out a few weeks (few equals 3) Managers aren't allowed to guess the length a player will be out for, they only say whatever there medical staff has told them.

Therefore i said Vlaar is due back, which he is if you do the math.

Lowton for me has been a real issue, he cannot defend crosses, he is very slow for a full back, terrible at marking, decent at headers though, terrible crossing, I just don't see what everyone else sees in him. Hutton and warnock need to be back in for me.

Wow. Must be a nose on a wind-up here, 7 posts only and this corker.. jesus christ.

Villa are probably the last team to link stories to the media so the quiet paper stories isnt a surprise, How many of our 8 summer signings were expected, think Vlaar was probably linked the most and thats only cause somebody saw him at VP and posted on twitter

We knew about Benteke for a good week or so before he came. Also El Ahmadi a fair few days. Westwood was a surprise, a couple of days notice with Lowton and their were rumblings about Bennett for a while. The only things we have heard in the papers this time have been Countino (denied) and Lescott (no go). We desperatley need players in now, at least as soon as possible.

Look I'm not bad mouthing Westwood. He looks like he will become a very good player but right now I just don't think he has an impact on the team like Benteke is capable of having.

We need players like that who will come in and have that impact and I worry dale Stephens will not be that player.

Westwood has had an impact though. He's our best central midfielder therefore that impact has been positive. Of course his "impact" won't be as noticeable as Benteke's because they perform totally different roles. Benteke scores goals and creates goals whereas Westwood keeps things ticking over in midfield. The notion that he hasn't had an impact is ludicrous.

Not as terrible as your English.

I don't need to spend my time perfecting my English on a forum to impress some grammar fool. You clearly like Lowton, I don't think hes anywhere near good enough to play right back for the villa. I'll ask you again...

Can you honestly say Lowton is good enough to be one of our fullbacks? Why, what has he done to impress?

Lowton has been good for us, but the season does seem to be catching up with him. Not entirely surprising as it's his first season in the Premier League and he had played every match up until the Ipswich game.

I don't need to spend my time perfecting my English on a forum to impress some grammar fool. You clearly like Lowton, I don't think hes anywhere near good enough to play right back for the villa. I'll ask you again...

Can you honestly say Lowton is good enough to be one of our fullbacks? Why, what has he done to impress?

You clearly did spend a little more time with your post, which is pretty funny really - only a couple of mistakes, so you're getting better.

Anyway, I basically disagree with everything you said about him except for what you said about his crossing. He seems to defend well, supports the attack well and he certainly isn't slow. He might be looking a little jaded considering how many games we've had to play recently but the vast majority of fans rate him for good reason.

I think Westwood has been good for us. Even if he hasn't been brilliant, he's a bloody upgrade up Delph or Bannan playing in the middle at the very least. I'd take Warnock back at left back, as bas as he's been for us he's a better defender than Bennett by a distance for me.

You clearly did spend a little more time with your post, which is pretty funny really - only a couple of mistakes, so you're getting better.

Anyway, I basically disagree with everything you said about him except for what you said about his crossing. He seems to defend well, supports the attack well and he certainly isn't slow. He might be looking a little jaded considering how many games we've had to play recently but the vast majority of fans rate him for good reason.

Spent more time? Okay, thats how I type. Just going to forget your pathetic whining about grammar.

I agree with the post by VillaRoy to a point, I did actually like watching Lowton play at the start of the season, but as it's gone on I have noticed little things about him that have frustrated me quite alot, as you can tell.

I would love us to sign a very fast fullback similar to Kyle Walker, I'd be over the moon.