January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

This is ridiculous. What is the club waiting for? For us to lose another couple of league games?

The club is in position for relegation, young team.. high earners looking to be shifted on (whether they are good enough or not) no experience at all.

Smacks of preparing for relegation/championship to me.

IF the club is relegated i'll call it now and say it'll be a while before promotion happens again.

I am also hoping this is the case. It may be beggars belief, but no matter how many stupid decision Randy and the board have made, and what HairyHands said, any fairly competent business person would realize that it is to nobody's benefit that we get relegated. I'm trying to stay positive until the window closes, and you just have to remind yourself that alot of these deals are not quickly completed, especially for more quality players because the selling club will not be so willing to let go and negotiations will take time.

I am also hoping this is the case. It may be beggars belief, but no matter how many stupid decision Randy and the board have made, and what HairyHands said, any fairly competent business person would realize that it is to nobody's benefit that we get relegated. I'm trying to stay positive until the window closes, and you just have to remind yourself that alot of these deals are not quickly completed, especially for more quality players because the selling club will not be so willing to let go and negotiations will take time.

Im not so sure - how much is the sky money ? v What we would save on wages by being in the championship.

We seem hell bent on reducing the wage bill - no matter what. Whether Randy thinks that in some misguided way if we were in the championship with every player on under £25k - that would be the basis to move forward. Completley wrong IMO - but we know Lerners knows FA about football.

Im praying for 6ft of snow sat morning !

i dislike loans, its an expensive short term fix with no long term gain

Problem is we need a short term fix at this present time.

I would rather some loans and stay up than continue with the current shower and go down.

Well instead of wondering when the hell the club are going to sign 'someone', in the meantime why don't we throw some names we'd like to see, that are somewhat realistic?

In defence I'd try and bring someone like Dawson. Would be pricey, I'd estimate about 6-8m. Would he want to come here though?

Haangeland would be another option.

If worse comes to worst, I'd try and bring someone like Aaron Hughes back from Fulham. Wouldn't cost at lot, but if it's experience we need, bring him in.

So if we did get relegated has anybody compared or got any idea of actually how much we would miss out on in new TV money as compared to how much we gain by being relegated?

.....................Benefits of relegation

A/ Contracts running down / players leaving / reduced wage bill

B/ Money saved in last few transfer windows including this one (as surely we have adopted an "absolute minimum" policy?)

D/ Parachute payments

E/ Money gained from selling players

Compared to what we would lose:

A/ Lower gate receipts

B/ Less TV coverage / Prize Money

I am seriously beginning to think that the accountants at Villa Park have calculated that we would be financially better off by being relegated. If we manage to stay up great & thats a bonus but if we go down all the biggest earners would want out, contracts run down, wage issues alleviated... Basically we sweep clean & start again?

This would explain the silence from the club, Mon walking, the selling of all our best players, the massive reduction in the wage bill at such a rapid rate, the decision to stall the ground expansion, the freezing out of Bent, the transfer policy in general & lack of movement thus far this window despite the desperate nature of things at present.