January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

It might be an idea if Lambert did a 'Big Ron' by walking onto the pitch on Saturday with a microphone announcing that signings are on there way and stay calm?

...... Boof hammered 3-0 at home by Southampton!

..The signing of Dale Stephens is announced!

It's no wonder PL has not announced it yet! Could you imagine that as a young player coming to a massive club like this would do to him giving the massive backlash against the club that would take place as it is the clubs first and maybe only signing.

He would be used in everyones attacking argument against the club - through no fault of his own, and it could potentially **** him up mentally before he even puts the shirt on!

Edited by AvfcRigo82

Why do we have the 7th wealthiest chairman in the league ? - Probably because he brought the club - that doesn't make me feel any more confident.

I don't see what stadium size and fan base have to do with it - if we finish in the bottom 3 - we will go down - irrespective of the stadium or average attendance.

Basically its a villa reserve team - trying to cut it in the premiership. The defence is powder puff - We are taking beatings no like one else - struggle to score goals. QPR have good players, playing badly (similar to villa under Houllier) - we just have bad players. We are playing a number crucial games against fellow strugglers over the next couple of weeks - and the new recruits don't seem imminent.

I am not all confident there are 3 teams worse than us - Id say Reading on a bad day maybe - A QPR revival may or may not happen - if it does our chances of survival slump pretty dramatically IMO

If you open your eyes properly the fella said TEAM, not squad.

so you must want me say wether villa have a better squad. Yes they do, as i said when Vlaar and Westwood return we will have a better squad then the 4 below us (Vlaar and Westwood havent died, they will play for villa again this season)

Have QPR had more injuries then villa? no. Have QPR played their strongest squad for every game this season? Yes near enough.

"basically villa is a reserve team" well that must be one good reserve team if they're above the apparent QPR "who have better players" but havent moved from the bottom 2 of the table all season. That's great logic that is.

lets not get too carried away.. even end of Jan.. theres still plenty of points and if he signs well.. we could go on a 5-6 game winning streak.

I dont care how long he takes as long as he brings in quality.. i dont care about age or experience.. just QUALITY players.

its a tough transfer market. Loic Remy has decided to stay until summer. Aubameyang club president announced hes staying till the end of the season.

Sissoko is available but Milan Juventus Liverpool Arsenal and Tottenham interested.

Newcastle are pressing hard for similar type players we are: good defenders/DM's.

With our league position. Im not suprised Lambert is finding it hard to bring in good players.

Edited by KSV

M'Vila prefered destination is Newcastle? their not in much different placing to us on the ladder. Apparantly as cheap as 8 million.

People have gone cold on the lad?

Hes at Rennes.. Makoun is at Rennes on loan. Surely our offer would be better than anyone elses. We would offer cash plus a direct replacement.

Offer them 6 million and Makoun. Get rid of Dunne (Usa and now linked to QPR) and Makoun about 90k in wages?. Pay M'Vila whatever he wants (hes probably on nothing.. so 60k will be alot to him). He is a star and exactly what this side needs.

Edited by KSV

haha. I am very experienced in FM.

I was reading a bit about him.. quite a few of the big clubs rejected signing him due to his off the field indiscretions. Hes young.. we may have to gamble. Besides we have Dunne Warnock etc. Even Bannan and Herd had off field dramas.

Bit of mongrel needed.

If there won't be announcements for bought players today, I think it's clear that Lerner is waiting for tomorrow's game and if Lambert walks after another lost game and they'll announce on sunday or monday that RDM, Sparky or someone else takes the reigns.

If there won't be announcements for bought players today, I think it's clear that Lerner is waiting for tomorrow's game and if Lambert walks after another lost game and they'll announce on sunday or monday that RDM, Sparky or someone else takes the reigns.

i think there's next to no chance of that Edited by Richard

Westwood has had an impact though. He's our best central midfielder therefore that impact has been positive. Of course his "impact" won't be as noticeable as Benteke's because they perform totally different roles. Benteke scores goals and creates goals whereas Westwood keeps things ticking over in midfield. The notion that he hasn't had an impact is ludicrous.

I don't think playing Westwood against Bradford would have made any difference to the result.

Queens Park Rangers manager Harry Redknapp is competing with LA Galaxy forAston Villa defender Richard Dunne, according to the Daily Mirror.

Morning all, so another day of frustration begins...

My thoughts so far:

a) we need a new spine i.e. another big CB (possible a huge scandinavian for about £3M), a DM (M'Vila wold be lovely) and an AM with a bit of flair.

2) We have to keep behind the team & manager and keep making as much noise as possible like we did at Bradford.

&

d) I cant spend yet another day refreshing this thread and scouring the internet for a glimmer of hope while I'm supposed to be working (but no doubt I will).