Ashley Young

maqroll

He was a regular in a Serie A winning team before joining us last season - he can still do a backup job.

I don't see the need or desire to spunk £20m or so on a back-up left back. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It's a good thing he isn't our starting LB then....

Although digne was alil injury prone last year so dont rule it out! Im hoping christene will get some game time next year

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Although digne was alil injury prone last year so dont rule it out! Im hoping christene will get some game time next year

giphy.gif

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Xela said:

He was a regular in a Serie A winning team before joining us last season - he can still do a backup job.

I don't see the need or desire to spunk £20m or so on a back-up left back. 

Depends how often though. I mean Digne was getting injured every time he breathed for a few months last season. This season he'll be part of a French squad that will surely go deep in world cup so might not be ready to play all the xmas fixtures (and we have Liverpool and Spurs over that period).

I still think we need another LB regardless of this news.

Showed in the clip of training on the official site that he is a good character to have around.  He'll be good for morale,  has a wealth of experience at the top level to share with the kids in our club, and still seemingly has the body of a 28 year old. 

Plus, he still owes us screamer curled in to the top corner from outside the box after cutting inside. He had to come back. 

So all this pant wetting over not having another left back was a waste of everyone's breath.

It's almost like we should wait until the end of a window to judge the signings

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

So all this pant wetting over not having another left back was a waste of everyone's breath.

It's almost like we should wait until the end of a window to judge the signings

But it's an online forum and all we can do is discuss and debate our view on things as they stand.... if we don't wet our pants at the first available opportunity when are we going to do it?

50 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Can't see him playing much this season. Emergency back up only.

Dread to think just how money an 'emergency back up only' player like Young costs week to week. Completely deflating re-signing in the first place, and now an insult to the academy needlessly taking one of their places on the bench. The Robert Pires signing made more sense.

Â