Ashley Young

maqroll

4 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Looks like he’s on his way back to the main board 

I thought you were hinting that he'll be taking some role on our board before realising you meant VT 😂

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Do Villa have cover for Left-Back, now that he's been released?

Allegedly he’s mulling over a contract extension (but I expect we’ll look for additional left back cover regardless!) 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Assume we'll hear something by 30th June as his wages presumably stop.  He'll want to sort something one way or the other by then. 

4 hours ago, sidcow said:

Assume we'll hear something by 30th June as his wages presumably stop.  He'll want to sort something one way or the other by then. 

Pre season is starting next week for players not on international duty. He would want to be on that 

• 2 weeks later...

Kinda hoped we'd have moved on from him. Hopefully he offers a lot off the pitch because I don't really want him on it.

Good pro and all that.

If Digne gets a long term injury then I'd rather have Young as the back up option than Ben Chrisene.

Assume that with an extra year they'll be able to assess whether Ben is ready to step up,  and if not get someone else in next season...or maybe even January if Digne gets an injury.

Edit: what he said ^

Edited by MrBlack

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

If Digne gets a long term injury then I'd rather have Young as the back up option than Ben Chrisene.

Assume that with an extra year they'll be able to assess whether Ben is ready to step up,  and if not get someone else in next season...or maybe even January if Digne gets an injury.

Edit: what he said ^

If Digne gets any moderate injuries and Young has to play any significant minutes we won't be winning many games.

• Like 2

Â