Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

23 minutes ago, penguin said:

Shame Bruce is taken. Would have been brilliant, for everyone but Leeds.

They genuinely do need to batten down the hatches as well, but they already pull wor socks up.

Edited by fightoffyour

I'm kinda sad he's gone tbh. Whilst Leeds are kinda horrible and their fans are also quite horrible, with Bielsa they were always incredibly entertaining to watch. I'd much rather watch them than Burnley, Watford or Newcastle. Even though a lot of times it was a complete train wreck, it was an entertaining train wreck and I can respect that.

• Like 4

Not sure sacking Bielsa is the wisest choice, their relative success is due to the system that he's programmed into their players which has helped them as a team become much better than the sum of their parts. you look at the their line up most weeks and it's full of players like Cooper, Ayling, Dallas, Klich, Foreshaw, Tyler Roberts and so on, he did well to get them promoted and then finishing in the top half last season, can't help but feel that another manager will struggle to get the same kind of performances from their squad, obviously they've struggled recently but they're missing the spine of their team, with everyone fit I think they'd have a better chance of survival with Bielsa in charge than they would a new manager.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, useless said:

Not sure sacking Bielsa is the wisest choice, their relative success is due to the system that he's programmed into their players which has helped them as a team become much better than the sum of their parts. you look at the their line up most weeks and it's full of players like Cooper, Ayling, Dallas, Klich, Foreshaw, Tyler Roberts and so on, he did well to get them promoted and then finishing in the top half last season, can't help but feel that another manager will struggle to get the same kind of performances from their squad, obviously they've struggled recently but they're missing the spine of their team, with everyone fit I think they'd have a better chance of survival with Bielsa in charge than they would a new manager.

I think if they’d kept Bielsa on they would’ve been relegated even with those players coming back.  

Bielsa has one way of playing, teams now know how to play against that now with ease.  Having Cooper, Phillips and Bamford back isn’t going to change that.  

At least with another manager, something different even though the squad is poor may given them something fresh, not to be as adventurous, defend without losing some of the attacking flair.  

Leaving yourself open every game, you are just going to be punished.  

It may fail but sticking with Bielsa looked like it was definitely going to fail, at least they are giving themselves a chance now.

• Like 1

Â