Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

1 minute ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Advocates changing the system from time to time doesn't it?

As well as the professionalism and experience of the better players 

Spurs know they don't have to do anything, just keep their shape and defend well and then enjoy themselves going forward, just don't do anything daft

And that's the difference between spurs and villa, kane and son are playing this game perfectly 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Spurs are playing them perfectly, sitting deep, letting them play and then countering 

40% possession yet in complete control 

Yep when we go to Elland Road we can't have both FBs constantly bombing up as it's just asking for trouble.

Have to sit back, defend properly and wait for space for Ramsey and Coutinho to exploit which they did brilliantly for 15 minutes at VP. That's how we win the game.

Think Leeds only hope this season is Kalvin Phillips saving them. Think last few games shows how massive he is in their team. We've seen the weaknesses this season of playing without a decent DM for most of this season and that gets magnified with way Leeds play.

• Like 1

Are people forgetting what we did against Leeds in the second half at VP?

We did change the system and went with the whole 'sit back to control and counter' tactic. The players and manager were getting stick for it. 

Now 'Tottenham are playing it perfectly'...

Maybe it helps to have two World Class forwards as part of the break. 

Just now, May-Z said:

Are people forgetting what we did against Leeds in the second half at VP?

We did change the system and went with the whole 'sit back to control and counter' tactic. The players and manager were getting stick for it. 

Now 'Tottenham are playing it perfectly'...

Maybe it helps to have two World Class forwards as part of the break. 

I did say that! 

Kane and Son have the ability and experience to slow the counter down and retain possession when it's not on or play that quality ball out wide when it is

They don't do daft things that result in the ball being lost and it coming straight back the other way

At the very least they both have the ability to make the ball stick which is the opposite of our attack at the moment 

• Like 1

BT saying the end is nigh for Bielsa.

Whilst they obviously ship far too many goals and are in terrible form the thing for me is, particularly with their injures, their squad is Watford/Norwich levels of poor. That he finished 9th with them last season is remarkable.

Think if they bin him off and try a more defensive style they are cementing relegation this or next season.

• Like 1

Main question I've got is why, when they had had to postpone a bunch of fixtures due to inadequate numbers in the playing squad, they didn't add anybody to it in January? I know, I know, 'Bielsa likes working with a small squad', blah blah blah, but if the guy in charge is proving so utterly stubborn maybe the time to make a change was during January rather than now after it's too late.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I did say that! 

Kane and Son have the ability and experience to slow the counter down and retain possession when it's not on or play that quality ball out wide when it is

They don't do daft things that result in the ball being lost and it coming straight back the other way

At the very least they both have the ability to make the ball stick which is the opposite of our attack at the moment 

It's what Grealish did so well for us.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

In the shortest calendar month too. Throughout ‘Premier League history’ there will have been teams who had more than 5 matches in one month so that’s some accomplishment by the Leeds defence.

Â