Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

Can’t imagine that they’ll do better with another manager having this little time left to change the playing style and such poor quality players, but only time will tell. Do we know if he walked or was sacked, or just the mutual consent line? I doubt he would’ve wanted to leave them up shit creek either after his legacy of getting them promoted.

Edited by fightoffyour

That's Leeds down then IMO. Not sure who they think they are going to get who will do a better job with those players. Bielsa got them punching well above their weight, a new coach is going to find it hard to get that from the squad.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PaulC said:

One of the few honest people in football. I think he did a fantastic job for Leeds but his failure to adapt has cost him his job. Depoending on who the choose they have a better chance of staying up now!

Of course he deserves credit for giving us that goal back, I do think that was big of him, but let's not forget that earlier in the same season Derby County found he'd sent spies to hide in bushes outside their training ground, the guy wasn't above a dirty trick or two of his own.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I already feel bad for the incoming Yank manager who will undoubtedly be subject to knee-jerk ridicule and Ted Lasso jokes at the first sign of struggle.

I think Chris Armas has taken that role already 😂

4 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

I thank him for giving us that goal back in the Championship. Probably wouldn't have gone up if we lost that one. Remember watching that in Greece with a load of smelly Leeds fans, many moons ago,

It was a dead game unless we'd have dropped a place in the actual play offs (we lost to Norwich the next week).

I was very relieved when they imploded in that second leg v Derby, one of the funniest games of last few years and I wouldn't have backed us to beat them in one off match at Wembley whereas you always felt we'd have a bit too much for Derby on the day and so it proved.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Took a club almost 20 years of dross and losing. Played football the championship has never seen before. United a fan base. Got them promoted. Kept them up with some garbage garbage mid-table Championship footballers.

His stint should be celebrated.

Sounds similar to Dean Smith, don't see his 'top 3 manager in the world trophy'

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Dean Smith got into the prem before Biesla and has lasted longer as a Premier league manager. 

That's got to hurt some Leeds fans and one particular one on here. 

Who's saying he wouldn't get another job in the Prem if he wanted.

You know I don't think they're strictly down just on this, they may be lacking quality on paper but it is possible to unfeck a Bielsa-made mess and in short order, Lille managed it with Galtier.  Appointment's got to be bang-on though, and if they scrape over the line some heavy investment will be needed in the summer.  Can't speak to if Marsch would be the right appointment, but as the man responsible for the McClaren-esque line "This is kein **** Freundschaftsspiel" (a personal second favourite only to "Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe shit") he'd get my vote, if only for the laughs.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

I thank him for giving us that goal back in the Championship. Probably wouldn't have gone up if we lost that one. Remember watching that in Greece with a load of smelly Leeds fans, many moons ago,

I think that didn't make any difference in the end did it? 

• Like 1

Would have happened to any other manager (head coach whatever). He got longer than most given his results. Hopefully this will help send Leeds further down and us further clear. It will be interesting to see who is better equipped for a survival scrap. Everton or Leeds.

Now I am even more gutted we only drew against them.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

Â