Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

A number of premier league sides being linked with Brereton Díaz, but my concern would be that before this campaign he hadn't scored more than 7 goals in a season, in fact before this season he'd scored just 17 goals in 133 championship appearances. A player scoring a lot of goals at championship level isn't a guarantee of player that will score goals at premier league level as we've seen time and time again.

I think midfield is where they desperately need to strengthen, likes of Forshaw, and Klich would struggle to get into some championship teams, and along with Phillips those two are pretty much their only senior options other than playing players out of position.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, useless said:

My message to cheer up and give Leeds' fans hope:

You've lost just four of the last ten, but those defeats were to Spurs, Chelsea, Man City and on form Arsenal, Chelsea games was a valiant effort, and Arsenal and Man City will beat other teams by similar scorelines never mind teams missing many of their key players.

You're still five points clear of the botttom three, yes Watford and Burnley have games in hand, but Watford have lost seven of the last nine, and I don't think games being called off will help their situation, both had a favorable run of fixtures coming up which could well have presented them with a good chance of going on a run, if those games are now to be called off and rearranged at random dates spread across the season rather than one after the other then that takes away the chance they might have had to build some momentum from those games.

Some important players to return from injury, the small squad is always going to be a problem, but should have enough to at least finish above three teams in the league this season, in fact a lower to midtable finish is still what I'd expect.

But my warning would be that need to strengthen in January and try and spend more wisely.

Get out.

Isn't Phillips out until Feb? Their record without him reminds me of ours without you know who from last few seasons.

For all the stick he gets Bamford is also critical to how they play in final third.

Without those two they are a bottom six team in this league.

Hopefully the Dec 28th match can still go ahead as this is very good time to play them. They'll certainly be in relegation battle rest of the season, that's clear by now. I still think they'll get enough results from the six pointer games to just survive but it will be close.

• Like 1

Last 3 games have been tough and they were unlucky at Chelsea but then put in two very poor performances against City and Arsenal. Liverpool next then a rejuvinated Villa if they go ahead. thats in incredible tough run of fixtures without your best players. Bielsa deserves to be given a bit longer I think. I think they will survive but only because the standard at the bottom is pretty poor 

2 hours ago, useless said:

My message to cheer up and give Leeds' fans hope:

You've lost just four of the last ten, but those defeats were to Spurs, Chelsea, Man City and on form Arsenal, Chelsea games was a valiant effort, and Arsenal and Man City will beat other teams by similar scorelines never mind teams missing many of their key players.

You're still five points clear of the botttom three, yes Watford and Burnley have games in hand, but Watford have lost seven of the last nine, and I don't think games being called off will help their situation, both had a favorable run of fixtures coming up which could well have presented them with a good chance of going on a run, if those games are now to be called off and rearranged at random dates spread across the season rather than one after the other then that takes away the chance they might have had to build some momentum from those games.

Some important players to return from injury, the small squad is always going to be a problem, but should have enough to at least finish above three teams in the league this season, in fact a lower to midtable finish is still what I'd expect.

But my warning would be that need to strengthen in January and try and spend more wisely.

Is this a wind up?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Bielsa deserves to be given a bit longer I think.

I hope he does because I don’t like Leeds but they are good awful, he has one style even if he doesn’t have the players to play that style.  Even when they have all the players he has no Plan B if things are going not so well or teams stop them. He’s just not a great manager and his record in Europe for the last 20 years proves that.  Why Pep thinks he’s good, I’ll never know.  If he was Villa manager fans would’ve wanted him out by now this season.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I hope he does because I don’t like Leeds but they are good awful, he has one style even if he doesn’t have the players to play that style.  Even when they have all the players he has no Plan B if things are going not so well or teams stop them. He’s just not a great manager and his record in Europe for the last 20 years proves that.  Why Pep thinks he’s good, I’ll never know.  If he was Villa manager fans would’ve wanted him out by now this season.

In fairness he was one of the first to do the high pressing high intensity but so was Jack Charlton 😂

Problem for Bielsa he never evolved, he would never play Riquelme for Argentina as he didnt run like a maniac

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Why Pep thinks he’s good, I’ll never know.  

Pep also described Wycombe's Akinfenwa as a legend. I can never tell if he's taking the piss or trying to appear magnanimous.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Why Pep thinks he’s good, I’ll never know. 

It is because he was very influential to Pep and a lot of other managers back in the day when they started out their career. As you say Pep has evolved and Bielsa hasn't. What Pep says these days regarding Bielsa is either out of respect or mind games. Or both.

It's just a fact that Bielsa was once very influential, don't really see what's so odd about that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sne said:

It is because he was very influential to Pep and a lot of other managers back in the day when they started out their career. As you say Pep has evolved and Bielsa hasn't. What Pep says these days regarding Bielsa is either out of respect or mind games. Or both.

It's just a fact that Bielsa was once very influential, don't really see what's so odd about that.

Yes but people looking at his record would make you wonder why. Getting a brilliant Argentina knocked out in the first round of the World Cup due to stubborness

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Because Pep doesn’t just say he was very influential, he lauds him generally and about current teams, that’s why it’s odd.  

Just now, Zatman said:

Yes but people looking at his record would make you wonder why. Getting a brilliant Argentina knocked out in the first round of the World Cup due to stubborness

And still.

I do think Bielsa would get more credit from Football fans if a. Leeds fans weren't such cretins and b. The media called out his mistakes instead of praising him 

Only Solskjaer and Bruce in recent times have gotten an easier time from the media

• Like 1

Â