Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I dont think we hit anywhere near the levels of the livepool game, also the robust way we set ul vs Leicester. 

Had we stepped up a gear like we did against liverpool we would  have won that game.

It waa generally a very poor performance

Yes we started really fast against liverpool, we didn't show anywhere near the level of intensity against leeds. It shows if you drop your levels even a few percent in football you loose. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LondonLax said:

We’ve also been up 2 seasons and spent £170m on our squad. Personally I understand the hype.

We've been up for 1 season and unlike them had to rebuild the whole squad. They also spent more on rodrigo than we've spent on any one player in our history. 

14 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

We've been up for 1 season and unlike them had to rebuild the whole squad. They also spent more on rodrigo than we've spent on any one player in our history. 

Closer to £220m spent in those 2 seasons and Watkins was only a fraction less than Rodrigo. 

They are doing well so far considering their circumstances and we are doing well considering ours.

Edited by sne
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Closer to £220m spent in those 2 seasons and Watkins was only a fraction less than Rodrigo. 

They are doing well so far considering their circumstances and we are doing well considering ours.

They are, absolutely. I gave them full credit yesterday.

Reading around that was Leeds "at their best". Pretty encouraging because that was us at our worst in about six months and we could have been one or two up before 55 mins.

If we'd played well and been thumped I'd be concerned.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 3

I don’t think we were at our worst though our energy levels didn’t seem quite right.

I think sometimes you have to just accept you’ve been beaten by the better team on the day - perhaps even over the season dependent on where the two clubs end up.

Some of their football was superb, fast, one touch with movement all over the pitch, hate to say it but I think we will, along with many other clubs be aspiring to play in such a way.

We had chances, one off the line and Grealish nearly scores goal of the decade plus other opportunities but that’s because we’re a decent side now, with decent players, so sure, on another day the outcome may have been different but it’s not another day and we were ultimately very soundly beaten, let’s not kid ourselves that they couldn’t well have scored a few more.

Edited by bannedfromHandV
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I don’t think we were at our worst though our energy levels didn’t seem quite right.

I think sometimes you have to just accept you’ve been beaten by the better team on the day - perhaps even over the season dependent on where the two clubs end up.

Some of their football was superb, fast, one touch with movement all over the pitch, hate to say it but I for me think we will, along with many other clubs be aspiring to play in such a way.

We had chances, one off the line and Grealish nearly scores goal of the decade plus other opportunities but that’s because we’re a decent side now, with decent players, so sure, on another day the outcome may have been different but it’s not another day and we were ultimately very soundly beaten, let’s not kid ourselves that they couldn’t well have scored a few more.

I thought Leeds deserved the win but I didnt think the football was that great, they run and press intensely but its effective but isnt great football to watch for me. I think if some of our big players turned up we would have won, Barkley and McGinn were anonymous and that lost us the game maybe Leeds nullified them but they were shit

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I thought Leeds deserved the win but I didnt think the football was that great, they run and press intensely but its effective but isnt great football to watch for me. I think if some of our big players turned up we would have won, Barkley and McGinn were anonymous and that lost us the game maybe Leeds nullified them but they were shit

Defensively your shape was getting screwed by Trezeguet. We overload Rodrigo and Alioski onto Harrisons side and force one of Mcginn or Luis to follow. Then there's space in the middle because Barkley isn't doing anything with or without the ball.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Rino8 said:

Defensively your shape was getting screwed by Trezeguet. We overload Rodrigo and Alioski onto Harrisons side and force one of Mcginn or Luis to follow. Then there's space in the middle because Barkley isn't doing anything with or without the ball.

Which is incredible considering how much Trez's defensive game has improved this season. He didn't seem to be doing any of it this time, when he arguably needed to do it most.

5 minutes ago, a-k said:

Leeds w*nkfest continues...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/11/02/marcelo-bielsas-murderball-training-sessions-turning-hard-grafting/

Yep, wins over two winless sides and a team that just escaped relegation last year, and they're candidates for Europe 🤦‍♂️

How the season is going it wouldn't surprise me to see them challenging for the top 6.

You can say what you want about Leeds and Bielsa but they have a sound system where every players knows their role and are ready to die for him.

There are a lot of crap teams this season.

10 hours ago, villalad21 said:

How the season is going it wouldn't surprise me to see them challenging for the top 6.

How the season is going? 10 points from 7 played and just one win in their last four doesn't really scream top 6 form to me.

They're a decent side but I think you might've had too much of the media's Bielsa ball sweat flavoured kool aid.

• Haha 2

Just now, YouUnastanFren said:

How the season is going? 10 points from 7 played and just one win in their last four doesn't really scream top 6 form to me.

They're a decent side but I think you might've had too much of the media's Bielsa ball sweat flavoured kool aid.

Leicester and Wolves directly counters them to be fair

West Ham and Bournemouth both had more points after the same amount of games last season, and they've only beaten Fulham, Sheffield United and a team in us that barely survived last season, so they've still got a lot to prove.

Still we're not in a too dissimilar position.

• Like 1

Â