Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

35 minutes ago, Nigel said:

They looked a shadow of the side that played us last week!

Leicester did what leeds did to us but better. Leeds finishing was not as clinical this week either. That was the difference. 

They got a real pasting tonight bought back down to earth

Enjoyable night. 

I still think the hype is well OTT. 

And their fans are hilarious hypocrites. The shit they give Grealish, he's never done anything like that dive tonight or what Bamford did against us a couple of years ago  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

They looked a shadow of the side that played us last week!

That what happens when you run like they do in games then stupidly train yourselves into the ground.

It's why Bielsa has won nothing in his career. 

They'll have many other games this season dead on their feet and they'll all be funny to watch.

4 hours ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

They're not the good, we shouldn't be getting stuffed 3-0 

We shouldn't be giving southampton a 4 goal head start either but it happened. We are going to be inconsistent this season because we only have 11 players. If they are all on their game we'll play well otherwise who knows.

7 hours ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

They're not the good, we shouldn't be getting stuffed 3-0 

It's not that they were better against us.

It's that we played straight into their hands. Trying to go toe to toe with them, attempting to beat them at their own game. Very, very naive from Smith.

Rodgers obviously had a well thought out and well executed gameplan.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

It's that we played straight into their hands. Trying to go toe to toe with them, attempting to beat them at their own game. Very, very naive from Smith.

This. We should have played more passive, compact and counter-attacking. Their workrate is practically unmatched in this league and there was no way we were going to match them on that.

57 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

He should get a retrospective ban for that dive. I don't suppose that's even possible, but that is absolutely blatant, pre-meditated cheating, and it should receive the harshest possible punishment.

What happened to the bans for simulation? That  seems to have disappeared

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

He should get a retrospective ban for that dive. I don't suppose that's even possible, but that is absolutely blatant, pre-meditated cheating, and it should receive the harshest possible punishment.

Didnt they ban Bamford after the El ghazi dive? 

Does it not still hinge on "successful deception of an official?" i.e you only get banned if you successfuly gain from it (like Bamford did in 2019 with AEG going off)

Daft to not book someone for that dive on the pitch though, particularly if I still have to suffer occasional debilitating flashbacks to the Kevin Friend debacle at Palace

Both of those incidents happened four months apart, last year, because time no longer has meaning

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Well, if that was the case, how did we beat Leicester? What with Brendan being so able to out-think Bielsa?

Personally, it's not nearly so simple. Leeds played extremely well against Villa, who had, for whatever reason, a few players off their peak, whereas Bamford against us turned into Van Basten. He reverted to type last night. Leeds had a few players do poorly, whereas all Leicester's team played well.

I think ultimately Bielsa gets players to all work incredibly hard, Leeds have an unusual way of playing and when they're all at it, they're a proper handful. As the season goes on, they'll get sused a bit more, players will tire, get injured, be suspended and it'll get harder.

Equally, when they're good, they're good to watch, attack minded and should be good enough to stay up easily.

With us, we need to stop getting carried away with big wins, or big defeats and understand that when our best players are at it, we're good. If anyone is below par we're ordinary.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, blandy said:

Well, if that was the case, how did we beat Leicester? What with Brendan being so able to out-think Bielsa?

Personally, it's not nearly so simple. Leeds played extremely well against Villa, who had, for whatever reason, a few players off their peak, whereas Bamford against us turned into Van Basten. He reverted to type last night. Leeds had a few players do poorly, whereas all Leicester's team played well.

I think ultimately Bielsa gets players to all work incredibly hard, Leeds have an unusual way of playing and when they're all at it, they're a proper handful. As the season goes on, they'll get sused a bit more, players will tire, get injured, be suspended and it'll get harder.

Equally, when they're good, they're good to watch, attack minded and should be good enough to stay up easily.

With us, we need to stop getting carried away with big wins, or big defeats and understand that when our best players are at it, we're good. If anyone is below par we're ordinary.

I think Vardy being out was a massive, massive blow to them. He completely changes the way they can play.

Listening to Rodgers pre match interview it was very evident he studied them and had a clear game plan.

Rodgers usually although they are deadly on the counter prefers to dominate the ball. Against Bielsa he abandoned all that. He let them have the ball and waited for them to make mistakes before unleashing his incredibly dangerous counter attacking players.

After listening to Smith pre game interview against Leeds all he said was "You have to match their work rate". That isn't happening. No one can match their work rate, stats proves it. You need to find different ways to win. He tried to beat Bielsa at his own game, in my opinion it was a big, big mistake. Leeds is a very unique opponent and you need to be careful how you approach the game or you'll get ripped apart.

Edited by villalad21

Â