Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

Just now, PaulC said:

If Bielsa's record is anything to go by they need to get off to a flyer because they will run out of steam by Easter. I think they were helped by the Covid break last season. 

Bit like us then.

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

If Bielsa's record is anything to go by they need to get off to a flyer because they will run out of steam by Easter. I think they were helped by the Covid break last season. 

Agreed, although if Bielsa's record is anything to go by he won't last until the end of his 3rd season in the same job.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Yeah, I dislike Leeds, but no doubting they work like trojans and will give most teams a run for their money from just pure effort if nothing else.

Also, as much as I cringe at the way a lot of their fans and media jerk over bielsa, he does have a really nice style of play, and demands 100% work ethic which you can see on the pitch, he is a good manager.

He's a fantastic coach, but I don't think he's that great of a manager. He's too much of a purist to ever get above a certain level and win anything major.

Every man and their dog knows Wolves tend to get much better results against teams that attack quickly and try to force the issue, whereas they failed to get a single win from Sheffield Utd, Burnley or Newcastle last year. Playing a slightly more cautious game on Monday may have been a better approach, particularly bearing in mind how much the intensity can take out of players and with another game 4 days later.

Oh dear.

They've done a proper good job on us tonight. Missing key players at back and in midfield aswell.

I can certainly see people getting p***ed off by press hyping them up but you have to be in denial to see they're a very well coached team. Similar to Wolves when they came up in how they've hit the ground running quickly especially given the lack of experience in many of these players in premier league.

Sorry for stealing Villalad's login tonight!

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

Got to say fair play to them here, fully deserved and could have been more. Bielsa is an absolute miracle worker and he’s crazy enough to stay when he inevitably has the big boys throwing cash at him to leave.

Shame they have such an abnormally large portion of the fanbase which are monumental bellends so I’m always going to hope they come unstuck. 

Fair play to them, they were better, we were not at it at all. 

We need someone as good as cash on the other side and we need to see if Traore is good enough, Trez as hard as he tries is just not the answer long term.

Chins up now and on to then next one.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bobzy said:

The hype is sadly true.  Fantastic performance.  You've just got to hope they somehow **** up the season and get relegated.

They'll be nowhere near bottom six. They're only 2 points off us and we've had our best league start since dinosaurs roamed the earth.

Will probably collapse for them like it did for us post MON once Bielsa decides he's had enough though but he's so mythical he'll probably decide to stay there 20 years Wenger style!

15 minutes ago, bobzy said:

The hype is sadly true.  Fantastic performance.  You've just got to hope they somehow **** up the season and get relegated.

"The hype is sadly true"

It really isn't. They're decent and played very well tonight but that doesn't change how overrated they are.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

They'll be nowhere near bottom six. They're only 2 points off us and we've had our best league start since dinosaurs roamed the earth.

Will probably collapse for them like it did for us post MON once Bielsa decides he's had enough though but he's so mythical he'll probably decide to stay there 20 years Wenger style!

He will be in his 80s then 😉

Just now, PaulC said:

He will be in his 80s then 😉

Oh, thought he was only mid 50s (and he's been there nearly 3 years already). Walks about 2-3 miles every day to the training ground apparently so I imagine his ticker is in better shape than say Steve Bruce.

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

"The hype is sadly true"

It really isn't. They're decent and played very well tonight but that doesn't change how overrated they are.

For a newly promoted team they're pretty good I'd say. They had an air of established top 6 team they way they took us apart second half. If they were wearing white you'd say that looked like Spurs v us.

Dosen't mean they'll finish anyway near that though as I think they'll struggle against the deep defences like Newcastle and Palace. Will still be miles clear of bottom 3 and if we finish above them we should consider that a decent season as that will likely mean top half.

• Like 1

Â