Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

1 minute ago, Rino8 said:

Regardless of anything else Bamfords form has been right up there with the best in the league can't argue with it.

Get Phillips and Rodrigo  back after international duty and we'll be fine. Today's result was a mixture of VAR antics and some ridiculous finishing on their part. If Bamfords goal was an equaliser we probably win by a few, it gets ruled out they score a worldie. 

You could say the same about Bamfords goals against us, not his typical form. Hope your right, next 4 games look tough. 

5 hours ago, PaulC said:

Yes because most of the credit goes to the players for winning that title and the following season they could have got relegated if he hadn't have been sacked.  I believe Leicester would still have won it if Shakespeare had been the manager. 

That’s ridiculous 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, ChrisVillan said:

Great 4-1 defeat. Best 4-1 defeat ever. Special. Nobody ever had a better 4-1 defeat.

watched the NBC coverage, not BT...apparently BT coverage really was along these lines. fortunately NBC were a bit more realistic (critical) i.e. how shocking their defence is

Are they just good front runners?  The story of their season seems to be that if they score first then they win (Fulham, Sheffield United, Villa) but if they concede first they lose (Liverpool, Wolves, Leicester, Palace).  Decent point against Man City ruins the argument somewhat, but it does look like the first goal is ludicrously important in their games right now. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

Are they just good front runners?  The story of their season seems to be that if they score first then they win (Fulham, Sheffield United, Villa) but if they concede first they lose (Liverpool, Wolves, Leicester, Palace).  Decent point against Man City ruins the argument somewhat, but it does look like the first goal is ludicrously important in their games right now. 

I think it’s because if they are chasing the game they got exposed 

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Think this is what most of us were talking about in the summer when we were saying they had unrealistic expectations

2 soft goals from their young keeper including an unlucky deflection, 2 VAR decisions went against them including a controversial one, a moment of real quality from an opposition player

That's the premier league, you can say what you like about tge brilliance if Bielsa it doesn't matter when you get those things in a game 

And that's doing woy and Palace a disservice 

They're still a decent side. Their fans were too arrogant before the season started, I remember some of them scoffing at the idea that the PL would be a ride awakening for them. You get punished for almost every mistake in this league. We started decently last year too, but it took a couple of heartbreaking losses to see the heads start to drop and results start to tail off.

• Like 2

Bit of a sucker punch at 1-0 for them today, to be fair.  That offside call is probably the worst VAR decision I've seen - and there have been some absolute shockers.  Palace then basically immediately made it 2-0.

They still look a good side IMO and will be comfortably mid table.  They're a little bit like a reverse Newcastle at the moment, though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes point was Vardy made Vardy not Ranieri. He was good before Ranieri and has improved since. 

he got 5 goals the season before Ranieri came in and was linked with a transfer away from Leicester that summer but Ranieri trusted him

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Bit of a sucker punch at 1-0 for them today, to be fair.  That offside call is probably the worst VAR decision I've seen - and there have been some absolute shockers.  Palace then basically immediately made it 2-0.

They still look a good side IMO and will be comfortably mid table.  They're a little bit like a reverse Newcastle at the moment, though.

Yes I think that made all the difference. Leeds like us are a work in progress. They should have enough to stay up which I think would be a good season for them. 

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

comfortably mid table

They need to sort out their defence or they will be this years “play nice football but lose more often than not” side. They’ve conceded 3 or more goals in half of their league games this season.

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

he got 5 goals the season before Ranieri came in and was linked with a transfer away from Leicester that summer but Ranieri trusted him

Adapting to a higher level of football. He scored goals at every level he's played at. Rodgers has done more for him. 

They made the point on NBC a few times pre-game that whilst everyone has been blowing smoke up Leeds' arse and Palace were seen to have been a little meh and disappointing this season; They were both on the same points before the game, then Palace went on to hammer them. 

Laser removal artists might have a busy few weeks in the near future to remove all the "Leeds 20/21" tattoos.

• Like 1

Â