Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

IMO Leeds will be fine and I wouldn't be surprised if they finish somewhere near mid-table.

Yesterday playing City without Fernandinho starting and without both their main strikers was obviously a big loss for City though.

Edited by Brumstopdogs

59 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Don’t forget guys, this is early season leeds, late season leeds under Bielsa will likely look very different.

PL is less demanding though. Less games.

Burn out might not even happen.

2 hours ago, HongKongVillan said:

So they have beaten both Fulham and Sheff U so far this season. Judging by how we beat both of them as well arguably with some ease, it is just difficult to say whether Leeds have adapted the PL, or is it that Fulham are just a bit shit (they only beat them 4-3, and could easily have been 4-4 or even a loss as their defence was a bit of a shamble on the day), and Sheff U obviously just lack that firing power.

They played the so called 2 title contenders, getting 1 point out of them and playing with bravery and intense pressing - fair play to them, and I really did enjoyed watching both of those matches. But the saying of Leeds intense pressing is causing both Liverpool and City to make mistakes and contriuted to Leeds' goals is a completel lie. The VVD mistake and Ederson mistake wasnt to do with their pressing, it was just **** stupid, none of them were under pressure. The Ederson mistake yesterday should just have been a routine catch.

Having said that though for a newly promoted team to get 7pts from first 4 games is still impressive. The real challenge would be against the teams around 3rd to 15th, I think they are good enough to beat the bottom five, but will they have the same intent against the rest of the league as they have had vs Liverpool and Man City?

They've played well, and improved their squad options. I like their style of play, there are still questions over their defence and goalkeeper (you cannot hope to win games 5-4, 4-3, 3-2, every week, it's self-defeating). Bamford is still not PL quality. Man City had what, 22 shots, with just one on target, another day, with strikers on the pitch, it's a different game. It's too early to write them off, compared to WBA and Fulham, who will be relegated. I don't see them replicating Sheffield United of last season, but unless they implode, they will be comfortable in the lower half. The first season back is about survival.

Edited by The_Steve

Thought the Leeds love in was v odd at the start of the season but they’ve looked good first few games and have faced Cit£h and the Scousers already.

On paper they look a prime candidate for relegation but, even though people won’t like to hear it, Bielsa has moulded them into a team greater than the sum of its parts. More possession than the top 2 is remarkable with the players they have compared to them.

10 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

They've conceded 70+ shots in 4 games. That's surely not sustainable. 

I remember people posting similar stuff about us after the first few weeks of last season, of which I was dismissive at the time but it became something of a well placed prophecy as the season wore on up until the lockdown break.

Fingers crossed goes same way for Leeds, I’m really really bored of the Leeds/Bielsa wankfest.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, YouUnastanFren said:

The first 3 games I thought they got a bit lucky, especially with the number of goals they scored but I actually think they were unlucky not to win yesterday.

They were impressive but they did concede 14 shots on target.

13 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Leeds are averaging 18.3 shots against them per game. Even the goal shy Sheffield United had 14 efforts (just 4 on target) against them. This will get punished more and more. This league is ruthless.

I remember a certain regular poster to the Leeds thread, continually on the Smith thread last season slaughtering him for them stats

surprisingly quiet now 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Don’t forget guys, this is early season leeds, late season leeds under Bielsa will likely look very different.

This.

Every year it’s the same, people make bold predictions on teams and players based on the first 3 or 4 games. Let’s see around Christmas time how things have settled.

8 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Not many really good chances though. Usually City have Jesus in the 6 yard box missing 3 sitters per game, this week I can't really think of a sitter they missed. I think Bamford missed more.

30 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I love this new way of judging our performances, they did well but they didn't manage to make Man City look like Newcastle did they? Huge compliment were being seen in this light really 

• Like 1

4 games, some decent performances but I still haven't seen anything that makes me think they'll be top half. 

The Liverpool score covered a poor performance. Fulham and sheff u were nothing special. Yesterday was the first time I thought they looked a good team. 

The wankfest will continue. I think they'll be safe in the end but all so much hype. 

Â