Media and punditry

BOF

Have you not listened to 5live in the last 15 years? He is alan green and he is a **** rocket polisher. The worst of the liverpool biased media brigade.

Nope, I've never listened to it. Alan Green ay? He's worse than that Scottish commentator that occasionally pops down for a few enough games.

Yeah, Green isn't great.

He's also very literal and you can tell he's worked on the radio for a long time. For example, he said "Yaya Touré...shoots". Yes, Alan, we can see it. 

Same with his "Ball in the net" line he uses after every goal.

I found him quite amusing but can totally understand why a lot see him as an irritant.

Alan Green is a miserable twunt. On the radio all he ever does is complain about the game he is watching. I'm sure if fate conspired for him to judge a blowjob competition between Jennifer Lawrence and Rachel Riley he would find a way to express his disappointment in the situation.

• Like 2

Alan Green is a miserable twunt. On the radio all he ever does is complain about the game he is watching. I'm sure if fate conspired for him to judge a blowjob competition between Jennifer Lawrence and Rachel Riley he would find a way to express his disappointment in the situation.

Ha ha :). I actually met him once, and he was sound to be fair to him. Not at all grumpy as he can be. Mind you it was in the 90's on a airport bus on the way back from Inter Milan and at that time european games were a novelty not a dreary trudge.

Also, what on earth were Nolan and Alladyce complaining about on MOTD, the disallowed goal was quite clearly offside. T-ssers.

He just doesn't sound right on tv.

That's because he's still in radio mode - describing more things than necessary - he needs to let the pictures do more of the speaking, and only comment on things not blindingly obvious - "Toure, goes past one man, past another, shoots, wide." - yeah, we know, Alan.

A long time then. I like Kevin Kilbane. I think he should be a regular on MOTD 1

Kevin Kilbane is a pretty poor pundit for me - the BBC seem to love elevating shit pundits to higher prominence than they deserve.

The BBC are trying to copy sky by hiring just retired players, sky got champions league & premier league winners, whilst the BBC got mid table journey men who just talk bollocks

A long time then. I like Kevin Kilbane. I think he should be a regular on MOTD 1

Kevin Kilbane is a pretty poor pundit for me - the BBC seem to love elevating shit pundits to higher prominence than they deserve.
The BBC are trying to copy sky by hiring just retired players, sky got champions league & premier league winners, whilst the BBC got mid table journey men and Robbie savage who just talk bollocks

Corrected for you ;)

Also, what on earth were Nolan and Alladyce complaining about on MOTD, the disallowed goal was quite clearly offside. T-ssers.

He just doesn't sound right on tv.

That's because he's still in radio mode - describing more things than necessary - he needs to let the pictures do more of the speaking, and only comment on things not blindingly obvious - "Toure, goes past one man, past another, shoots, wide." - yeah, we know, Alan.

Is not commenting on the blindingly obvious allowed on MoTD?

saw a video earlier of neville on MNF, he analysed jagielka's goal, wasnt that good a goal it was poor goal keeping :o 

first of all he had the bollocks to say it, then he had the knowledge to back it up, it was brilliant

at the end all i could think of was alan shearer saying "what a strike that is" because i didnt watch MOTD but that was no doubt his "analysis"  

Â