Media and punditry

BOF

It was mentioned in the other thread but Martin Tyler took the absolute piss last night. I've never heard such a fawning clichéd crock of bullshit in my life. Gary Neville fought valiantly to give some semblance of reality. 

ACJimbo was in fine form on Football Weekly Extra this week. I burst out laughing twice while listening which is never a good thing to do in public. :lol:

• Like 1

Martin Tyler really should be removed. he is a clown. He built up that kid Wilson as if he was Romario that he always scores and is the ultimate natural finisher and then the classic Old Trafford is surprisingly quiet

• Like 1

I've pretty much given up on match of the day, to the point that I record it now so that I can fast-forward through that idiot Shearer. Every time he talks about a dive and says that the player felt a touch so he was "entitled" to go down it makes me want to punch him in his stupid fat throat.

MOTD2 is okay though. They tend to have a better class of pundit, and it feels less like were being allowed in to Gary Lineker's treehouse to hear him talk to his mates. Plus they sometimes have Pat Nevin on, and I like him as a pundit.

• Like 2

I enjoyed McManaman telling him to STFU last night.

Not literally. But when Chiles was going on and on about Liverpool just trying to damage limitate and keep the score down as if they'd put their under 12s out McManaman was getting proper annoyed.

I'd imagine McManaman still has a lot of friends at Liverpool so it's doubly annoying for him.  Mind you, I think he is still one of the boys at Real Madrid too.  

Have to say MOTD was pretty shocking last night. Jenas managed to get 2 of the names of our players wrong about 30 seconds flat and then was followed by Lineker claiming that the point we earned yesterday kept us out of the relegation, when in reality in had absolutely no effect on our league position. Watching Neville and Jenas stumble their way through actually made me think of a second 'Hansen and Lawrenson weren't that bad really, were they?' which probably says a lot about the new wave of pundits.

Do you have to be better than a player before you can criticise them, even if your criticism is valid?  If that's the case then we might as well close down the internet. 

Do you have to be better than a player before you can criticise them, even if your criticism is valid?  If that's the case then we might as well close down the internet. 

That's true, but at least we'd still all be able to have a good old whinge about Ciaran Clark.

• Like 1

Chris Sutton was on Talksport this evening talking about the England-Scotland game. Apparently formations are not important, you should just select your best players.

Chris Sutton's management record at Lincoln- P 50, W 14, D13, L23. 28% win ratio.

How can someone that experienced in football believe in that utter rubbish?

That's the sort of shit 100% of the other talksport presenters come out with.

I still remember the day after England got knocked out of the world cup in 2010 and that northern prick who played cricket, I forget he's name, said over and over again that it was because we didn't have "little joey cole" in the team.

That's the sort of shit 100% of the other talksport presenters come out with.

I still remember the day after England got knocked out of the world cup in 2010 and that northern prick who played cricket, I forget he's name, said over and over again that it was because we didn't have "little joey cole" in the team.

Yes. Didn't Sutton see all those years when we had Lamps with Stevie G in the middle with Scholesy stuck out wide? That really worked didn't it Chris? 

Probably explains why it has been 1992 since the last time a English manager won the title. Before football  was invented of course.

Edited by The Fun Factory

Â