Media and punditry

BOF

Prepare to shoot me down but to be fair Oxlade-Chamberlain is quite light-skinned and fairly stocky. I got mixed up a couple of times when Rooney went out to the right wing. Tyldsley is still pants, mind.

• Like 1

ITV are bidding for the Premier League highlights again according to the Guardian.

I will pay as much for my TV License as is needed to keep MoTD around. Townsend's **** Tactics Truck, never again.

I'm not a big fan of government intervention for this sort of thing but I'll allow it here. For the good of the country.

• Like 1

ITV are bidding for the Premier League highlights again according to the Guardian.

I will pay as much for my TV License as is needed to keep MoTD around. Townsend's **** Tactics Truck, never again.

ITV have lost the fa cup coverage back to the BBC, there probably just chancing there arm at the BBC not having enough cash to get motd to go with it.

In fairness, itv's model when they had the premiership to begin with looked good on paper, at 7.00 you could see all the goals and at 11pm you could tune in to see extended highlights. They just went about it the wrong way.

Edited by Jimzk5

If ITV get it I literally won't watch it.

The Premiership was **** awful.

MOTD, for all it's faults, is actually very good. It COULD be so much better. But compared to ITV's effort it is light years ahead.

I will never watch it if they get the rights again. It was shite last time and my dislike for their shitty channel has worsened x100 since they lost the rights.

Adrian **** Chiles hosting too, Jesus. Hopefully the beeb get the England games back too.

If ITV do get the premier league its success will be down to getting rid of Chiles and Townsend and hiring pundits with decent standing in the game instead of mugs like robbie savage that the BBC push on us.

MOTD is now something I sky+ and skim through to watch the goals, any decent views & reasoned punditry can be got from carragher & Neville on MNF.

ITV do have some good pundits though Dixon, Keane, Strachan for example are better than what BBC normally use. Think if they got rid of the old times like Tydlesly, Chiles and Andy Townsend they be on their way forward

• Like 1

Steve claridge just said, after Shaun Maloney hit the bar with a free kick and scored with a second free kick minutes later

"he didn't need a second chance to score from there"

He did Steve. He did need a second chance to score.

• Like 1

Hmmm after watching a hour and a half of lily savage's 'banter' on motd, how can itv be any worse?

Forget the punditry. Its the actual state of the highlights that was ITVs problem when they did it.

An hour and 25 minutes of the United and Arsenal highlights, and then everybody else's games squeezed into the last 5 minutes.

It was diabolical. And that's before you consider we'll have to listen to Chiles for an hour and a half

Yep the ads really were the most annoying aspect, I seem to recall them running ads during 'half time' of the highlights, it was extremely annoying. I'm sure they'll learn from 'The Premiership' experience in terms of pundit and highlights quality but they almost certainly can't give you highlights ad-free. IMO ITV are just an all round, shoddy, two-bit organisation. 

Â