Media and punditry

BOF

Yeah the ramble don't seem to mind us.

Jimbo on football weekly seems really down on us lately. Always makes the joke that nobody can be arsed to talk about us because we're boring.

Which is fine, he's right. I've just noticed it more recently.

With regards to the ramble, I'd be perfectly happy if Pete disappeared completely. He's the worst bit about it.

I used to feel that way about Pete but he seems like a really nice guy with a good heart and I like that he's one of those rare Newcastle fans that understands what a joke they are. Plus the best in jokes involved taking the piss out of him.

Yeah I guess that's true. I just find he has a joke hit rate of about 1%

The DOg XI on Football Ramble was one of the funniest things I've ever heard (and I shamelessly stole it for the SIFF world cup)

fyPbVco.jpg

The Ramble put this picture up at the start of the new season.  Pete is the second left, to me he looks like what Dimitar Berbatov would look like had he decided to be a meth addict instead of a footballer. 

• Like 4

fyPbVco.jpg

The Ramble put this picture up at the start of the new season.  Pete is the second left, to me he looks like what Dimitar Berbatov would look like had he decided to be a meth addict instead of a footballer. 

He actually does  :D

fyPbVco.jpg

The Ramble put this picture up at the start of the new season. Pete is the second left, to me he looks like what Dimitar Berbatov would look like had he decided to be a meth addict instead of a footballer.

He actually does :D

I imagine he'd be chuffed with that assessment too.

Robbie Fowler on ITV:   "Yeah, we could analyse stats at all that but at the end of the day Liverpool won." 

Er, isn't that kinda the point of being a pundit?  Are you supposed to sit there and state the bleedin' obvious or are you supposed to point out something that maybe a guy sitting at home watching the game on TV who didn't pay the game professionally for fifteen years might not see? 

• Like 2

Robbie Fowler on ITV:   "Yeah, we could analyse stats at all that but at the end of the day Liverpool won." 

Er, isn't that kinda the point of being a pundit?  Are you supposed to sit there and state the bleedin' obvious or are you supposed to point out something that maybe a guy sitting at home watching the game on TV who didn't pay the game professionally for fifteen years might not see? 

:lol:

Jesus, ITV is just so bad. 

At least Roy Keane used to tell it how it is. 

I'm not even nearly exaggerating when i say I could go on ITV and be the best pundit on it. Lee Dixon would run me close.

And I think I'd be a shit pundit, fwiw.

Also, does ANYONE, and I do mean anyone, like Adrian Chiles? This must be how Newcastle fans feel at the moment.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Jermaine Jenas comes across as a really intelligent, well spoken, well thought man.

Hope he does more stuff in the future, I really like him and his general attitude.

Yeah he is on the itv highlights show now and really seems like an intelligent likeable person. If itv are going to get him they need to put him on the main programme, much better than all the others.

Jermaine Jenas comes across as a really intelligent, well spoken, well thought man.

Hope he does more stuff in the future, I really like him and his general attitude.

Yeah he is on the itv highlights show now and really seems like an intelligent likeable person. If itv are going to get him they need to put him on the main programme, much better than all the others.

Til he gets injured........................!

Jenas was excellent on MOTD 2 & Extra last week, then popped up a few days after on ITV (I think), I would be happy to see more of him. Did some balanced stuff on Man Utd saying they let QPR have a fair few openings and they'll be punished against better sides.

I'm not even nearly exaggerating when i say I could go on ITV and be the best pundit on it. Lee Dixon would run me close.

And I think I'd be a shit pundit, fwiw.

Also, does ANYONE, and I do mean anyone, like Adrian Chiles? This must be how Newcastle fans feel at the moment.

I thought he was OK a few years ago on MOTD 2 when it first launched, but he's become a disaster.

He gets totally hammered by ITV staff every match he does. Producers and editors get annoyed with him because he forgets what he's doing and starts making jokes. They don't plan for it to be as bad as it always always is.

Yep.

And Iain Macintosh did a lot of back pedalling about us on Football Weekly too.

Barry's still tipping us for the title ;)

Extra was a lot better I have to admit, and I'm not talking about the Villa content either.

Â