Media and punditry

BOF

What do people think of Scholes? After years of him being silent, I'm not sure I'm that happy hearing him now.

Thought he was crap to be honest. He didn't really seem to know what to say and it came across that way. The unnecessary knocks at City and their fans came across as a bit of bitterness as well. Unprofessional and generally poor. 

• Like 1

Listened to a bit of Barton on the 5 live preview show...actually really enjoyed some of the points and observations he made. Couldn't stop himself making another woman analogy though.

I was wondering why he hadn't seen him on MOTD2 yet but suppose the beeb are still a bit sensitive after Question Time so are cautiously putting him on the radio first.

The problem with Barton is he actually believes he's intelligent, because he has read some philosophy...I'm not sure he understands it. At least Savage knows he's a thick word removed.

Edited by Oaks
  • Like 2

The problem with Barton is he actually believes he's intelligent, because he has read some philosophy...I'm not sure he understands it. At least Savage knows he's a thick word removed.

Oh I agree so I don't read his twitter. He did make some good points about Fabregas and Arsenal from what I've heard so would like to see him on MOTD2 or extra soon as a fresh pundit.

Barton was on goals on sunday a few weeks' ago, whilst he tries to come across as intelligent and articulated, you have to remember Tha he isn't. He is, actually a rocket polisher.

Barton is the guy who once stubbed out a cigar in someone's eye.  Dirty, disgraceful, word removed of a man.  I don't want to listen to him talk let alone know that he'll be paid for it.

(yes, I typed out "word removed"). 

• Like 2

Barton is the guy who once stubbed out a cigar in someone's eye.  Dirty, disgraceful, word removed of a man.  I don't want to listen to him talk let alone know that he'll be paid for it.

Really thats terrible could have blinded the man

Really thats terrible could have blinded the man

As I've said, disgraceful, word removed of a man.  

Search google, lots on there.  Quick grab from Sky Sports:

December - Stubs lit cigar in the eye of young team-mate Jamie Tandy during City's Christmas party. Fined six weeks' wages by the club. Forced to pay four weeks' salary - approximately £60,000 - immediately, with a further two weeks suspended for a year. Tandy later sued Barton, winning £65,000 in damages.

In fact, why not post the whole thing:

Here, Sky Sports details some of the other incidents that have been bad news for Barton.

2004: February - Barton red carded for the first time in Manchester City's FA Cup fourth-round tie at Tottenham, for two bookable offences.

April - Barton storms out of Eastlands before kick-off after being axed from team to face Southampton.

July - Criticised by City manager Kevin Keegan for causing mass brawl in a pre-season friendly at Doncaster.

December - Stubs lit cigar in the eye of young team-mate Jamie Tandy during City's Christmas party. Fined six weeks' wages by the club. Forced to pay four weeks' salary - approximately £60,000 - immediately, with a further two weeks suspended for a year. Tandy later sued Barton, winning £65,000 in damages.

2005: July - Involved in altercation with a 15-year-old Everton fan at City's team hotel in Bangkok during a pre-season tour. Fined eight weeks' wages by City after being found guilty of gross misconduct.

2006: September - Drops his shorts in the direction of Everton fans following City's 1-1 draw at Goodison Park.

December - Shown the second red card of his career - this time a straight red - for a two-footed lunge on Abdoulaye Faye in City's 2-0 home defeat by Bolton.

2007: May - Suspended by City after training-ground altercation with Ousmane Dabo, which leaves his team-mate needing hospital treatment. Charged with assault, and on 1st July 2008 receives a four-month suspended jail sentence. Also punished by FA with a 12-match ban - six matches of which are suspended and a £25,000 fine.

27th December - Arrested in Liverpool city centre after a late-night incident and later charged with common assault and affray. Remanded in custody and misses Newcastle's New Year fixtures, being released on 3rd January.

2008: 20th May - Jailed for six months after admitting common assault and affray.

2009: 3rd May - Sent off against Liverpool for late challenge on Xabi Alonso. Receives subsequent criticism from Newcastle manager Alan Shearer and is suspended by the club two days later.

2010: 10th November - Punches Blackburn winger Morten Gamst Pedersen during a 2-1 defeat for Newcastle at St James' Park. Accepts an FA charge and is banned for three games.

2011: 1st August - Newcastle transfer-list Barton after a series of Twitter comments criticising the club, making him available on a free transfer. He joins QPR on 26th August.

2012: 2nd January - Scores but is then sent off as QPR lose 2-1 at home to Norwich in the Premier League.

26th January - Barton unleashes an online tirade against the Football Association, labelling them an "Orwellian organisation" in need of a "drastic shake-up".

May: In the wake of his dismissal against City, Barton launches an expletive-laden Twitter attack on Alan Shearer, his former manager at Newcastle and current TV pundit, before turning on presenter, Gary Lineker, saying: "back under your stone you odious little toad..."

Edited by trekka

That article must be a few years old as it doesn't mention his red cards for qpr & his time at Marseilles where he called a psg player a fat ladyboy on twitter.

The man is an arsehole

• Like 1

That article must be a few years old as it doesn't mention his red cards for qpr & his time at Marseilles where he called a psg player a fat ladyboy on twitter.

The man is an arsehole

The worst part about it is that he always seems eager to judge others. Massive hypocrite.

Oh I agree so I don't read his twitter. He did make some good points about Fabregas and Arsenal from what I've heard so would like to see him on MOTD2 or extra soon as a fresh pundit.

If I see him on MOTD I'll no longer be watching. Dirty, despicable, ugly, self-righteous word removed who doesn't deserve whatever shirt he wears.  

Watching motd2, the usual rubbish being talked about by a cobbled together panel of shit players who were bit parts of decent teams, and then I realised

Phil Neville is now 38 years old and still has highlights in he's hair.

• Like 1

Â