Media and punditry

BOF

Motd2.jpg

Speaks volumes. Tossers.

To be fair I wouldn't have wanted to watch us last year anyways.

As for Pulis, Bruce and Hughton teams, they play some god awful stuff.

We've had some good games as well. We've been on last 8 times which is shocking, first zero times is also shocking. Why weren't we on first when we beat Arsenal (for example), or when we beat Chelsea 1-0?

Motd2.jpg

Speaks volumes. Tossers.

To be fair I wouldn't have wanted to watch us last year anyways.

As for Pulis, Bruce and Hughton teams, they play some god awful stuff.

We've had some good games as well. We've been on last 8 times which is shocking, first zero times is also shocking. Why weren't we on first when we beat Arsenal (for example), or when we beat Chelsea 1-0?

Maybe there was just something more important or exciting on those few days. Most of the time our games were god-awful, and burying them was a public service. Try as I might, I can't get annoyed about this. 

the 2-2 draw vs liverpool with the suarez dive would be the most likely to me

other fixtures from that day - 

Sunderland 2 - 2 Southampton  
West Ham 1 - 3 Newcastle  
C Palace 1 - 0 Stoke  
Norwich 1 - 0 Hull  
Arsenal 2 - 0 Fulham  
Man City 4 - 2 Cardiff  

thats pretty shocking if we werent on 1st

Edited by villa4europe

It's still a toss-up between us and Man City though. There were more goals in that game, and they were closer to the top, if not at the top, than Liverpool were at that point. I agree our fixture was more interesting than any of the other options that days. 

its his bias towards the top 4 teams and english football in general on champions league nights that puts me off him, can remember him being close to tears on one of the nights barca "robbed" chelsea

You are not referring to the 2009 semi-final when Drogba went insane?

One of the biggest injustices I have ever seen ( I hate Chelsea )

Andres Iniesta's spectacular strike deep into stoppage time wrecked Chelsea's dreams of a second successive Champions League final against Manchester United amid chaotic scenes at Stamford Bridge.

Chelsea looked to have kept Barcelona at bay and sealed an all-Premier League clash in Rome on a night of nerve-jangling tension after Michael Essien's 20-yard blockbuster in the ninth minute.

But with Guus Hiddink's side hanging on - and fuelled by a sense of injustice after referee Tom Ovrebo rejected a succession of penalty appeals - Iniesta beat Petr Cech from the edge of the area to send Barcelona into the final on away goals.

its his bias towards the top 4 teams and english football in general on champions league nights that puts me off him, can remember him being close to tears on one of the nights barca "robbed" chelsea

You are not referring to the 2009 semi-final when Drogba went insane?

One of the biggest injustices I have ever seen ( I hate Chelsea )

Andres Iniesta's spectacular strike deep into stoppage time wrecked Chelsea's dreams of a second successive Champions League final against Manchester United amid chaotic scenes at Stamford Bridge.

Chelsea looked to have kept Barcelona at bay and sealed an all-Premier League clash in Rome on a night of nerve-jangling tension after Michael Essien's 20-yard blockbuster in the ninth minute.

But with Guus Hiddink's side hanging on - and fuelled by a sense of injustice after referee Tom Ovrebo rejected a succession of penalty appeals - Iniesta beat Petr Cech from the edge of the area to send Barcelona into the final on away goals.

Yeah I think that's the one, it was either that or the one before which was frisk, it certainly wasn't the one when Chelsea went through despite carvalho fouling valdes on the winning goal, but that one has been conveniently forgotten because you know, UEFAlona and all that

he had teary eyes, and his voice was going, it was ridiculous

There's the one guy on Football Weekley who seems incredibly dismissive of us. Saying our luck will run out as we've only had 6 shots on target. The same guy tipped us for relegation and seems to think we can't do this if we got injuries after winning at Anfield without our best 2 players.

Plus the bird does my head in to, she seems to speak very middle class about football, almost hippyish. I might stop listening soon, which is disappointing as I've listened for so long.

There's the one guy on Football Weekley who seems incredibly dismissive of us. Saying our luck will run out as we've only had 6 shots on target. The same guy tipped us for relegation and seems to think we can't do this if we got injuries after winning at Anfield without our best 2 players.

Plus the bird does my head in to, she seems to speak very middle class about football, almost hippyish. I might stop listening soon, which is disappointing as I've listened for so long.

'The bird' is Amy Lawrence, I think she's definitely one of the better journos out there. It was Sean Ingle who was saying that we could well finish between 12th and 15th and to be honest I agree with him. We've done brilliantly so far this season but I'd still be happy getting a decent mid table finish considering we've been outspent by nearly every team in the league.

'The bird' is Amy Lawrence, I think she's definitely one of the better journos out there. It was Sean Ingle who was saying that we could well finish between 12th and 15th and to be honest I agree with him. We've done brilliantly so far this season but I'd still be happy getting a decent mid table finish considering we've been outspent by nearly every team in the league.

The same guy tipped us for relegation earlier in the season, compleatly dismissed us because of one stat. I'm certainly no fan of Amy Lawence.

I think it's getting stale.

Edited by Oaks

I agree. I stopped listening a while back. They used to spend a lot more time traveling around the leagues, it has turned into the podcast version of sky sports.

Football ramble. Forget the rest.

Love a bit of Ramble, but even they're not averse to the odd back-handed compliment towards Villa. Seems irrelevant now but I remember Luke's comment about Hoolahan's celebration really getting on my nerves.

Â