Media and punditry

BOF

10 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Ornstein sounds like he knows his stuff, he came across like he reads some of the more well rounded opinions on VT 

Me saying before I think too many pundits sound like they dont watch football or have a general feel for a club that's exactly what I mean, he sounds like he knows us 

couldn't agree more. Always sounds very calculated and is one of the real ITKs out there. 

Talksport taught him well

He may have a point, there might be a genuinely interesting deep discussion to be had... But if you just throw out an outlandish unsupported comment in an attempt to snatch headlines the outrage it causes generates more publicity 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Talksport taught him well

He may have a point, there might be a genuinely interesting deep discussion to be had... But if you just throw out an outlandish unsupported comment in an attempt to snatch headlines the outrage it causes generates more publicity 

The timing for me is awfully poor. Id say he is finished now. The backlash he is going to recieve now i doubt we will see him on any platform again.

I usually have Talksport on as I do a fair whack of driving in my job & he's one of the worst 'pundits' I've ever heard. 

He uses the race card a lot. Nearly every time I hear him on there, he's bringing a situation back to race and racial equality. 

I'm obviously against racism and the fact it is now at the forefront is a good thing but this guy is the sort of person who gives all that hard work a bad name. 

Hopefully he's done now and fair play to Jordon on calling him out. 

21 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

I usually have Talksport on as I do a fair whack of driving in my job & he's one of the worst 'pundits' I've ever heard. 

He uses the race card a lot. Nearly every time I hear him on there, he's bringing a situation back to race and racial equality. 

I'm obviously against racism and the fact it is now at the forefront is a good thing but this guy is the sort of person who gives all that hard work a bad name. 

Hopefully he's done now and fair play to Jordon on calling him out. 

I think i read he got caught drink driving and said it was racist that he git pulled over. Ill see if i can dig the story up

The timing of that is so poor but I don't think he'll be the only person of colour with those sentiments. Talksport need to be careful the line they take on it as well as they're now caught between a gammony wall that'll want him chucked out and the perception that they're trying to gag a black guy for daring to talk about racism.

40 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

The timing of that is so poor but I don't think he'll be the only person of colour with those sentiments. Talksport need to be careful the line they take on it as well as they're now caught between a gammony wall that'll want him chucked out and the perception that they're trying to gag a black guy for daring to talk about racism.

Being a brown person myself, it is not a thought that crossed my mind.  I certainly won't be mourning but thats because I don't mourn for celebrities.  I don't mourn for anyone I have never met. They are footnotes in my life, and there's thousands and thousands of those. brain says - to be ignored.  When's my day off was my initial thought.  Quickly dashed by an email this morning at work stating that if you wish to take time out of the day to witness the funeral (if it falls on a weekday), then please do!!

On 07/09/2022 at 12:05, HanoiVillan said:

Yeah there's absolutely nothing wrong with what's said there.

I mostly agree, but I challenge the idea that Aston Villa "are as ambitious as those clubs," as it was put. I think we like to talk about being ambitious without really taking the dramatic steps needed. If we wanted Poch, we would GET him. End of story. We would make him an offer he couldn't refuse (sorry to sound like a Corleone lol). But we won't do that. We won't close the deal for someone like him. We have the club structure and historic stature, but I don't think we really have the will or the communication skills to connect supporters' desires to actualised dreams.  

(Oh. Gawd. What the hell did I just post? 🤣)

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

If you’re jumping into it and landing your studs on the player, though, you’re getting sent off. 

To be fair to Collins, in that image you can see he's pulling his studs away from Grealish. He absolutely clatters him, it was a ridiculous attempt to win the ball, but it was just careless not malicious. Still deserves the red, but it's not studs first.

33 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

To be fair to Collins, in that image you can see he's pulling his studs away from Grealish. He absolutely clatters him, it was a ridiculous attempt to win the ball, but it was just careless not malicious. Still deserves the red, but it's not studs first.

That’s the problem with using a still image at a particular point in time. His studs catch Grealish on the way down, somewhere around his thigh.

• Like 1

Â