Media and punditry

BOF

I'm not a big fam of Souness, but I heard him say the comment about men playing like men in a mans football game and just knew it would upset the twitter lot. Then I thought, "never mind twitter, what about the PC VT lads'. An here you are. 😂

Funny Carney has not even mentioned it to be a issue, but Eniola Aluko has, but unfortunately no one listens to her.

I'm enjoying Lee Dixon taking the piss out of the breathless poet that is Peter Drury every weekend. It makes listening to Drury somewhat bearable. For all his verbosity, he goes totally silent when Dixon needles him. 😆 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, maqroll said:

I'm enjoying Lee Dixon taking the piss out of the breathless poet that is Peter Drury every weekend. It makes listening to Drury somewhat bearable. For all his verbosity, he goes totally silent when Dixon needles him. 😆 

I'm loving my Drury free coverage every weekend. Now I just need Villa to win some games...

• Like 1

On 23/08/2022 at 13:59, foreveryoung said:

I'm not a big fam of Souness, but I heard him say the comment about men playing like men in a mans football game and just knew it would upset the twitter lot. Then I thought, "never mind twitter, what about the PC VT lads'. An here you are. 😂

Funny Carney has not even mentioned it to be a issue, but Eniola Aluko has, but unfortunately no one listens to her.

PC? Really? I think a lot of people mostly cringe at the dated Uncle Alf quality of the comment. It's also just patently non-factual and so sort of irrelevant. I love it when people say these things and focus more on their imagined detractors than on the quality and accuracy of the content itself or any sort of rational argument. There's a certain point where political correctness (do people even say that today?) is supplanted by just ... weird old guy BS that smells like someone pissed their pants at the pub.  

Edited by Marka Ragnos

58 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

PC? Really? I think a lot of people mostly cringe at the dated Uncle Alf quality of the comment. It's also just patently non-factual and so sort of irrelevant. I love it when people say these things and focus more on their imagined detractors than on the quality and accuracy of the content itself or any sort of rational argument. There's a certain point where political correctness (do people even say that today?) is supplanted by just ... weird old guy BS that smells like someone pissed their pants at the pub.  

Ridiculous rant.

• Like 1

On 23/08/2022 at 18:59, foreveryoung said:

Souness is a bigoted dinosaur who only continues to get work because of an old boys network and their constant thirst for controversy. Wish he’d go away and be irrelevant like Keys and Gray. 

Just now, The_Steve said:

Souness is a bigoted dinosaur who only continues to get work because of an old boys network and their constant thirst for controversy. Wish he’d go away and be irrelevant like Keys and Gray. 

I agree, but can't really believe his "mens football" comment upset people. We all know what he ment, an it wasn't to degrade women or the womens game. He was talking about a mens football game playing like they used to, instead of falling over with a brush of the shoulder. 

On 23/08/2022 at 18:59, foreveryoung said:

Karen Carney's face when he said it made her opinion quite clear. She's probably not said anything as she gets so much abuse just from commentating on a game. In fact I think she deleted her Twitter because of all the abuse she gets - I may be mistaken, but weren't you recently suggesting this is a sensible thing for famous people to do?

Can't say I thought much of it though. Just another tired cliché from a shite pundit.

taken from another thread, but I really think that NBC's coverage is one of the best. Only Howard has played for one of the scum six clubs. 

On 14/08/2022 at 08:40, Villatillidie95 said:

yeah i think she has a great footballing knowledge, sometimes i watch NBC and they have a good panel of Robbie Earle, Tim Howard and Robbie Mustoe and Danny Higginbotham and they make a nice change to the usual sky or bt pundits at times. Her and Tim Howard were at the Villa v Spurs game at the back end of last season, we lost 4-0 and then they wheeled out their little presenting desk thing near the north stand

Also, Lowe is very knowledgeable and that is very helpful with the way which the show gets run for sure.

On 13/08/2022 at 21:21, Tomaszk said:

That Lowe is such a good presenter.

• Like 1

We might have to start a stupid Souness thread at this point

Just saw a video that he said Casemiro wasnt a great player and United got ripped off. Pretty sure he has been praising Rice for years and he couldnt lace Casemiro boots

Shocked how our manager has not been called put for his crapness. I bet if he was one of them weird foreign coaches with a tactics notebook they would be embarrassed by them clearings in the woods Nevilla, Carragher and Stelling

• Like 1

On 28/08/2022 at 22:19, Zatman said:

Shocked how our manager has not been called out for his crapness. 

I'm not at all. He's basically Sir stevie G to the english media, cant do anything wrong. When he's sacked it'll be the owners fault for not giving him time or enough money or giving him anti slip cream. 

8 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I'm not at all. He's basically Sir stevie G to the english media, cant do anything wrong. When he's sacked it'll be the owners fault for not giving him time or enough money or giving him anti slip cream. 

I'm not because far too many of them don't watch football... 

They arent interested in Aston Villa

3 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

The number of women who commentate on live games on SSN in the Championship and lower leagues. Pien Meulensteen comes in as the new girl and goes straight into the Premier League. No friends in the game I'm sure?

Well known Dad. But who gives a shit if it's a man or a woman?

Â