Media and punditry

BOF

Just watched MOTD and sought out this thread to mention Murphy and glad to see a few have already picked up on it.

“What’s the point in having a head coach anymore?”

Spoken like a true ex-footballer who has left the game to go on and have an illustrious career at checks notes TalkSport 

Bellwhiff 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Jenas and Linker more or less applauded us for bringing one in and talked about fine margins winning matches, Murphy made weird face and said “you don’t need one a normal coach can do that”

Lineker must have about 15 years on him but Murphy was looking like the old man yelling at the clouds. "Just my personal opinion", that's what people trot out when they know they don't have a leg to stand on :lol:

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I didn't watch the Olympics tbf so you might be right.

I don't disagree with you that the women's game is absolutely miles away from top tier men's football, I reckon a League 1 or 2 side could give the top women's teams a good hiding, but it mostly comes down to the raw physical attributes. Men are bigger, stronger, and faster, so women just can't perform at the same level. It doesn't mean that they can't understand the game or offer insight into a match though, so I think it's just a bit much to write off all women as commentators because their game isn't as good.

A league 2 side under 16's could give England women a good hiding. No shade on them it's just a different world

He’s always been the same with us, I reckon we pulled the plug on signing him at some point in his career or something like that, bitter tw@.

Even Jenas and Linekar were like ‘okay mate, guess everyone’s entitled to their opinion……..’

Edited by bannedfromHandV

Just watched MOTD and Murphy showed himself up as a prize plum and miserable git.

Fair play to Jenas and Linekar though who both gave him short shrift. 

When Jenas speaks more sense, you must be a woeful pundit!

The man is stuck in the 90s/00s when he was barely relevant. The bbc can do much better than him…

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Lineker must have about 15 years on him but Murphy was looking like the old man yelling at the clouds. "Just my personal opinion", that's what people trot out when they know they don't have a leg to stand on :lol:

Yes you could see he felt like an idiot but didn’t want to admit to being wrong after that weird scrunched up face he made

40 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

Haven’t watched motd for years. Whats the point? YouTube has the highlights of every game in the world.

Agreed. The concept of waiting until the middle of the night to watch whittled down highlights, curated in such a way most teams barely get a look in unless they're playing the "big 6", interspersed with the ill-considered opinions of morons belongs in the old days. Their "analysis" offers absolutely nothing and takes up far too much of the runtime. I'll watch the highlights I want, in the order I want, at the time I want, and form my own opinions.

"Brilliant goal there?" 

"Yeah, great goal"

"Should the keeper have done better there?"

"ooh, maybe Gary"

That's been about as far as most of the analysis goes when I watched it. Rivetting stuff. 

Over £1.3m a year to Lineker alone for this shit. Shearer gets £400k to sit there and nod along.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Agreed. The concept of waiting until the middle of the night to watch whittled down highlights, curated in such a way most teams barely get a look in unless they're playing the "big 6", interspersed with the ill-considered opinions of morons belongs in the old days. Their "analysis" offers absolutely nothing and takes up far too much of the runtime. I'll watch the highlights I want, in the order I want, at the time I want, and form my own opinions.

"Brilliant goal there?" 

"Yeah, great goal"

"ooh, maybe Gary"

That's been about as far as most of the analysis goes when I watched it. Rivetting stuff. 

Over £1.3m a year to Lineker alone for this shit. Shearer gets £400k to sit there and nod along.

You missed off the bit where they get a recently retired ex pro with a fresh outlook as to what the players are thinking 

"the keeper is thinking I should have saved that" 

Ooooooooooh insight! 

Only just turned ‘super Sunday’ on but seems like Sol Campbell has a bee in his bonnet about something, did I miss it or may it have been off camera? 

I mean, the guy is a bit of a tosspot at the best of times but he really doesn’t seem to want to be stood there today.

45 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Just put MOTD on, shiteh v Norwich 1st game, win 5-0.

Murphy after the game "as soon as I saw their team sheet I knew they meant business"

🤣🤣🤣

Yeah that was a ridiculous comment. Man City could play their 4th choice options in every position and have a better side than Norwich, they literally couldn't have picked a side that didn't 'mean business'.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yeah that was a ridiculous comment. Man City could play their 4th choice options in every position and have a better side than Norwich, they literally couldn't have picked a side that didn't 'mean business'.

Exactly, the blokes a muppet of the highest order. Jenas comes across as balanced post game but is a terrible commentator and GL is likeable enough I guess. That's the best I can give them, it needs a complete overhaul.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Davkaus said:

"Brilliant goal there?" 

"Yeah, great goal"

"ooh, maybe Gary"

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

You missed off the bit where they get a recently retired ex pro with a fresh outlook as to what the players are thinking 

"the keeper is thinking I should have saved that" 

Ooooooooooh insight! 

Exactly, you don't that from YouTube highlights. 

Â