Media and punditry

BOF

4 hours ago, rbcuk said:

Just in from the game, switched on the brighton match gave up after 5mins of listening to Karen Carney on commentary, she’s bloody awful 

If you think about the standard of women's football they really have no right to be passing comment on the football elite.  Be like getting a kiddy harriers stalwart to do the commentator duties.

• Confused 2

7 minutes ago, hippo said:

If you think about the standard of women's football they really have no right to be passing comment on the football elite.  Be like getting a kiddy harriers stalwart to do the commentator duties.

Sky Sports hired Micah Richards 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Villa87 said:

Danny Murphy really is a clearing in the woods. 

Nothing good to say about Villa, I always hear you lot say.

You were right!

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

What did he say? But yeah Murphy really doesn't like us.

Jenas and Linker more or less applauded us for bringing one in and talked about fine margins winning matches, Murphy made weird face and said “you don’t need one a normal coach can do that”

On 15/08/2021 at 23:36, mikeyp102 said:

I’m surprised Sky haven’t got rid of Souness, comes across as a vile person, if anyone disagrees with him, he just doesn’t listen and does childish stuff like this.

I have no idea how he survived the 'Latins' comment.  Any other minority group and he would be gone in an instant.  He seems to be a word removed all round too.

• Like 1

I was stupidly hoping that now we were in our third season back in the PL we might get more of a graphic in THE MOTD intro, but no, just a glimpse of Mings is our sole representation. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Alex Scott is a fantastic commentator who knows her stuff and puts most of the blokes to shame. Owen, Phil Neville and Scholes have played at the absolute highest level of the men's game and are tedious, cliche-spouting gobshites. A commentator's genitals or their own personal ability compared to the players they're talking about is a complete irrelevance if they know what they're talking about.

Carney is rubbish because she talks tedious bollocks, and it has absolutely nothing to do with her being a woman.

Well Scotts  Olympic punditry wasn't great. She was downgraded in the last week. Easy on the eye - but terribly wooden. Although scripted punditry is a new level of madness.

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Well Scotts  Olympic punditry wasn't great. She was downgraded in the last week. Easy on the eye - but terribly wooden. Although scripted punditry is a new level of madness.

I didn't watch the Olympics tbf so you might be right.

I don't disagree with you that the women's game is absolutely miles away from top tier men's football, I reckon a League 1 or 2 side could give the top women's teams a good hiding, but it mostly comes down to the raw physical attributes. Men are bigger, stronger, and faster, so women just can't perform at the same level. It doesn't mean that they can't understand the game or offer insight into a match though, so I think it's just a bit much to write off all women as commentators because their game isn't as good.

49 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Danny Murphy with a childish reaction to our set piece coach on motd now

The daft thing is, his beloved Liverpool use them. They have a throw in coach as well as a mental strength coach. He wouldn't scoff at that I bet. 

The man is a roaster. 

10 minutes ago, Xela said:

The daft thing is, his beloved Liverpool use them. They have a throw in coach as well as a mental strength coach. He wouldn't scoff at that I bet. 

The man is a roaster. 

Exactly, the guy is a total cockwomble.

I’ll wager that there’s footage out there of him waxing lyrical about the genius of Liverpool hiring a set piece coach.

Hes just a miserable, biased, arrogant scumbag, given that we all pay to prop up the BBC there should be more opportunity for the public to dictate who does and doesn’t get to appear on shows like MOTD.

• Like 4

Â