Media and punditry

BOF

On 24/03/2021 at 16:01, rjw63 said:

You think that's bad?

Radio WM had Dele Adebola on a couple of weeks back, FFS he has the vocabulary of a 6 year old.

Isn't that every pretty much every pundit though? I guess they make up for it with their football neoligisms like "in and around" or "he hit that almost too well" etc. Like Stephen Warnock or Andy Townsend talk so slow because they only have about 30 words they know.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Isn't that every pretty much every pundit though? I guess they make up for it with their football neoligisms like "in and around" or "he hit that almost too well" etc. Like Stephen Warnock or Andy Townsend talk so slow because they only have about 30 words they know.

If its good enough to be president... 

• Like 1

Stuart Pearce on talksport. Never has one man spouted such nonsense -and the hero worship from folk of that era and presenters because he used to show PASHUN and shouted a bit.

Man put a goalkeeper up front in a PL game. His opinion on football is null and void. Forever.

His opinion is worth less than Brexit Barry down the boozer who still calls it the Coca Cola Cup and still thinks "the first one is free" and "get it forward" is the main sum of his football knowledge.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Stuart Pearce on talksport. Never has one man spouted such nonsense -and the hero worship from folk of that era and presenters because he used to show PASHUN and shouted a bit.

Man put a goalkeeper up front in a PL game. His opinion on football is null and void. Forever.

His opinion is worth less than Brexit Barry down the boozer who still calls it the Coca Cola Cup and still thinks "the first one is free" and "get it forward" is the main sum of his football knowledge.

Pearce played a goalkeeper up front for the Under 21s as well

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

On talkshite in the build up to madrid liverpool game last night he said

"For me the team that attacks and defends the best tonight will probably win"

He gets paid for this fascinating insight into the game

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Fan channels and youtubers trying to be smart with their analysis and buzzwords "low block" "low block" "low block"

It's called defending and dropping deep you jackasses!

That is annoying but I don't mind low block as much as other instances because at the very least it is less syllables than the standard "defending deep" and it's at least in English.

The one that boils my piss the most is gegenpressing. Just call it counter pressing, a random German word shoehorned in just adds confusion.

As far as I can tell it is the equivalent of calling the left back the links back for no reason other than being pretentious.

1 hour ago, YouUnastanFren said:

That is annoying but I don't mind low block as much as other instances because at the very least it is less syllables than the standard "defending deep" and it's at least in English.

The one that boils my piss the most is gegenpressing. Just call it counter pressing, a random German word shoehorned in just adds confusion.

As far as I can tell it is the equivalent of calling the left back the links back for no reason other than being pretentious.

What about calling the right winger a raumdeuter? 

It's football manager that has brought all that to the fore. 

16 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

What about calling the right winger a raumdeuter? 

It's football manager that has brought all that to the fore. 

McGinn has potential to be a fine mezzala 😉

• Like 1

Why does every Villa game on TV make the commentators say the same stuff from the ghost goal vs Sheffield Unitedto staying up on the last day of last season and also our transfer spend since promotion 

Nothing original to mention though have recently pushed the agenda that maybe Grealish will want to leave soon 🙄

17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

McGinn has potential to be a fine mezzala 😉

Even though I know this word from FM, I'm still now wondering if it's the Italian word for meatball. 

• Like 1

This guy Ahmed Farwud on NBC makes my brain hurt. Clearly has no foundational knowledge of English football and is defending these Big 6 owners despite the flawless arguments from the 2 Robbies.

22 hours ago, maqroll said:

This guy Ahmed Farwud on NBC makes my brain hurt. Clearly has no foundational knowledge of English football and is defending these Big 6 owners despite the flawless arguments from the 2 Robbies.

pretty sure he's considered the "host" when he's on, like Liam McHugh & Rebecca Lowe

4 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

pretty sure he's considered the "host" when he's on, like Liam McHugh & Rebecca Lowe

I know, but at least Lowe has a semblance of knowledge. (Don't know McHugh).

• Like 1

Just now, maqroll said:

I know, but at least Lowe has a semblance of knowledge. (Don't know McHugh).

yeah, believe she was with Sky at some point but not sure. 

McHugh is on right now, he's mostly involved with NBC's hockey coverage 

• Like 1

Generally, I think NBC does a good job with their Premier League programming. I like the 2 Robbies, Lowe. Higginbotham is decent. Arlo decent. You can tell he forces his enthusiasm on some goal calls and other commentary. I like Graham Le Saux. Dixon not so much. 

Edited by maqroll

Â