Media and punditry

BOF

15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

as a side will a free agent in history cost as much as donnarumma? didnt even realise he was available, based off the rumoured 20m+ he squeezed out of juve for de ligt in fees that'll be mega bucks, off putting amounts of money

He will probably sign a last contract at Milan, nobody has a spot for him and the cost is too much for a benchwarmer. Chelsea was the team but got Mendy. Bayern, PSG, big 3 in Spain, top 4 in England and the other 2 top Italian teams are all set in goal 

On 10/03/2021 at 15:45, HanoiVillan said:

Garth Crooks doesn't know who a defender is if he didn't score.

His latest team of the week. I assume some of the defenders are in there because they scored. 

4 centre backs. 1 midfielder and 5 attackers/wide players. 

Well done Garth

_117588497_totw.png

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Zatman said:

Watching Henry punditry yesterday and what a joke of a punditry performance. Didnt answer one question he was asked and every answer was just a waffle with no substance

He’s always been like that but because he’s Thierry Henry and he has a cheeky smile he’s gotten away with it.

5 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

He’s always been like that but because he’s Thierry Henry and he has a cheeky smile he’s gotten away with it.

I remember when he was linked to us and some fans getting really excited because he'd done some fancy analysis and punditry on a touch screen. So glad we appointed Dean instead. 

• Like 2

Just now, Rds1983 said:

I remember when he was linked to us and some fans getting really excited because he'd done some fancy analysis and punditry on a touch screen. So glad we appointed Dean instead. 

I’m confident that would have been up there with some of the very worst appointments we could have made at that time. Thankfully someone saw sense.

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I’m confident that would have been up there with some of the very worst appointments we could have made at that time. Thankfully someone saw sense.

Agreed, he only lasted about 3 months at Monaco I think. 

19 hours ago, Xela said:

His latest team of the week. I assume some of the defenders are in there because they scored. 

4 centre backs. 1 midfielder and 5 attackers/wide players. 

Well done Garth

_117588497_totw.png

Said before I'm convinced he knows his teams are a joke and they just do it for the clicks.

If it's genuine he must just look down the scorers list for the weekend and pick them. There's no way Lascelles deserves to be on there just for scoring a goal against us.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Said before I'm convinced he knows his teams are a joke and they just do it for the clicks.

If it's genuine he must just look down the scorers list for the weekend and pick them. There's no way Lascelles deserves to be on there just for scoring a goal against us.

He had very little defending to do that’s for sure.

Bugged me all season this - 

During pre match when they show the line ups they have the players pose clenching their fists and celebrating and shit before switching and showing them stood up straight with a dead pan face

Its shit and I don't get it

Don't think its sky or BT in particular it looks like a PL thing (and to be fair to them I think the rest of the set up with the purple colours etc is really good) 

• Like 1

On 23/03/2021 at 10:54, stuart_75 said:

Clinton Morrison as a pundit on 5live. Offers nothing, totally out of his depth.

You think that's bad?

Radio WM had Dele Adebola on a couple of weeks back, FFS he has the vocabulary of a 6 year old.

11 hours ago, villa4europe said:

He's not as bad as Andy Townsend but Lee Dixon is a right bell end

Itv don't half make watching England hard work 

Waxing lyrical about Lingard's performance for a start.

1. It's San Marino.

2. He should have had about 7 assists and 2 goals the amount of the ball he had and shots he took.

3. He was shite 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Waxing lyrical about Lingard's performance for a start.

1. It's San Marino.

2. He should have had about 7 assists and 2 goals the amount of the ball he had and shots he took.

3. He was shite 

I think he won the FAs social media vote MOTM

I thought he started well, good movement but then he was desperate to score and as a result too greedy, he showed what we already know vs the shit in the qualifiers he's fine but vs anyone decent he won't get the time and space and his decision making isn't good enough 

Â