Media and punditry

BOF

7 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Article on Archibald Leitch today on the BBC. Despite the Holte End and Trinity Rd being his masterpiece they get literally the tiniest mention towards the end of the article. 

I saw that and thought the same. They went on and on about White Hart Lane for whatever reason yet barely mentioned Villa Park apart from one shonky photo of the modern Holte.

seen some clips of Mourinho doing punditry, he is quite insightful and doesnt fall into the cliches of some of the idiots. He was asked about Italian managers and was in depth on each manager and not the usual Italian managers are defensive

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

James Collins must be licking balls to get a punditry job, never had any sort of footballing brain. Next will be seeing Nathan Baker on Man City defending.🤣

Too much coverage in the modern age innit.

I saw Glen Johnson on the panel for the sky debate. He's got the charisma of an ironing board.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

I saw Glen Johnson on the panel for the sky debate. He's got the charisma of an ironing board.

He probably stole one of those along with the toilet seat. 

• Haha 1

On the flip side,  it's nice to hear a well spoken and intelligent ex pro like liam rosenoir give his opinions. 

He is surely destined to replace the likes of neville, keane, souness and micky owen ?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

On the flip side,  it's nice to hear a well spoken and intelligent ex pro like liam rosenoir give his opinions. 

He is surely destined to replace the likes of neville, keane, souness and micky owen ?

Souness just looks like he is spoiling for a fight all the time. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Xela said:

Souness just looks like he is spoiling for a fight all the time. 

Does Souness actually have any relevance to the game these days?  He was a shit manager 15 years ago.  Rosenior is fine but his voice is a bit monotonous.

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Does Souness actually have any relevance to the game these days?  He was a shit manager 15 years ago.  Rosenior is fine but his voice is a bit monotonous.

Souness on Irish TV is so different though. He isnt afraid to say what he wants and offers good analysis. I am 100% sure Sky filters what they say

Makes Keane the other night a breath of fresh air, he probanly wont be welcomed back

5 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Don Goodman. Never thought he was that bad until today where he was pathetically biased, he's a truly risible individual.

It was absolutely ridiculous. Genuinely never heard anything like it. 

• Like 1

Not seen the like of Goodman, really weird that yesterday. Slo-mo replays opposing what he just said and he'd stay quiet, otherwise his neutral position was just hammering Villa.

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Not seen the like of Goodman, really weird that yesterday. Slo-mo replays opposing what he just said and he'd stay quiet, otherwise his neutral position was just hammering Villa.

I said it in the Match Thread, but there was literally a point where he said something like

"Looking down at the benches, one is cool calm and collected [Villa], and the other is nervous and agitated [Leeds]..."

And I thought hmmm, he's actually going to make a negative point about Leeds here

and he said

"...so you can certainly see what it means to Leeds at least!"

My jaw dropped :D 

Ince and Keown on Focus last Saturday was amusing. Ince was such a sulky little brat and you could tell Keown was enjoying winding him up by talking over him all the time.

36 minutes ago, choffer said:

Ince and Keown on Focus last Saturday was amusing. Ince was such a sulky little brat and you could tell Keown was enjoying winding him up by talking over him all the time.

Surprised with the downturn of form at United that Ince isnt saying how he would do better than Solksjaer or that anybody could do that job

Â