Media and punditry

BOF

throwing it out there....Salah's goal was good but in no way shape or form a contender for goal of the season...

think it being in a big game, him being out of form and of course it being Liverpool is skewing it, there's probably been 10+ goals of a similar nature scored this season

• Like 2

goalkeepers being done from the half way line grinds my gears, its shit keeping! rooney when he launched it in the air and the keeper lost it in the wind and fell over when he should have the ability to walk backwards and catch it, that's not a good goal let alone goal of the season

• Like 1

Jenas saying now that Solskjaer was a bad appointment. A tweet from December from Jenas saying Solskjaer should get the job, he had managed 1 game at this point. 

Why are these idiots not held accountable for previous comments

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Jenas saying now that Solskjaer was a bad appointment. A tweet from December from Jenas saying Solskjaer should get the job, he had managed 1 game at this point. 

Ultimately I think he's right, however it goes to show how fickle he is. I personally find him among the very worst. A classic example of a pretty average ex premier league player who has undergone a bit of media training with the end result being a completely bland non thinker for a pundit. 

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Ultimately I think he's right, however it goes to show how fickle he is. I personally find him among the very worst. A classic example of a pretty average ex premier league player who has undergone a bit of media training with the end result being a completely bland non thinker for a pundit. 

Regardless if he is right its the fact he backtracked on a comment he made which was probably more ridiculous at the time since Solskjaer never managed a game.

Also I hate these pundits who have a go at managers when they havent the balls to take on a job themselves when opportunities are available to them

Generally think it's fine to have one ex player in the studio to way in and offer insight, but really don't get the idea of having more than one.

It just becomes more of the same and doesn't add anything.

Much better with actual journalists or managers. Most players tend to be dimwits.

6 minutes ago, sne said:

Generally think it's fine to have one ex player in the studio to way in and offer insight, but really don't get the idea of having more than one.

It just becomes more of the same and doesn't add anything.

Much better with actual journalists or managers. Most players tend to be dimwits.

well journalists I agree with, unless its a good manager. They would just bring in Redknapp, Hughes, Big Sam or McLeish for punditry

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

well journalists I agree with, unless its a good manager. They would just bring in Redknapp, Hughes, Big Sam or McLeish for punditry

True, I mostly watch on Swedish telly and Lars Lagerbäck is usually quite good while Hasse Backe is a complete joke.

With players Bojan Djordjic (Man U youth player) is an self important asshat, and that's still a vast improvement on how he used to be. Ex Malmö FF/DIF players Jens Fjällström is really good thou. As are a few others.

They brought in Jamie Carragher as an "expert" for the CL games last year and they guy can't answer any question without going on about Liverpool. As him what he had for dinner and he'll end up talking about the final in Istanbul.

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

Jenas and all pundits would gain much more respect (from me anyway) if, on changing his stance, he just said “At the time, I thought that based on those early performances. However looking back at it now I was a bit quick to make that comment.”

6 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

My personal problem with Jenas is his habit of referencing rounds of golf with whoever is the subject of discussion at that moment, as if I could the most mouse-sized of shits about his up-and-down game. 

You should give Darren Gough a listen on talksport when he gives his opinion on anything in football by starting off with "it's like in cricket"

• Like 1

Souness is like the old women that have passed through in my time in the office, they are old, past it, best days are behind them and their kids have all grown up. They have nothing left in their lives but to moan and bring everyone else down. Everyone just wishes they'd **** off.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

Again I can't believe how Sky think having such biased pundits and commentators is a good thing.  Plus Graeme Souness always looks like he is about to headbutt the presenter.  Their coverage is awful nowadays.

I think the best thing on Sky in a long time would be Souness headbutting somebody 😂

preferably Jeff Stelling

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Again I can't believe how Sky think having such biased pundits and commentators is a good thing.  Plus Graeme Souness always looks like he is about to headbutt the presenter.  Their coverage is awful nowadays.

Souness going on about how Richarlison's goal was 'dangerous play' was pretty much the final straw for me, he's a garbage pundit who needs to **** off.

Â