Media and punditry

BOF

14 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

Because the goalkeepers in Sunday league don't just catch every corner which is gently floated into the box. 

not just keepers, sunday league you float the ball towards your slightly unhinged overweight CB who wants it a bit more and then some, he's running over a 5 year old to win that ball let alone a 7 stone wet winger who's ended up marking him somehow

its definitely easier when the tactic is just put it in the mixer and let the attacker go win it

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

not just keepers, sunday league you float the ball towards your slightly unhinged overweight CB who wants it a bit more and then some, he's running over a 5 year old to win that ball let alone a 7 stone wet winger who's ended up marking him somehow

its definitely easier when the tactic is just put it in the mixer and let the attacker go win it

I think I might have given a bad example to exaggerate the point, but the questions stands.

Some players have no problems putting a decent cross in from a dead ball.

Some fail to beat the first man, more often than not. 

It just makes me wonder, why? I should point out, these are the same players that play a 50 yard pass right to the feet of their team mates.

But I guess it must be a combination of factors.

• 4 weeks later...

Mayby one for things that piss you off thread

Tabloid transfer speculation speak

"slapped in a bid" 

"putting the finishing touches to launch a deal" 

20 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Mayby one for things that piss you off thread

Tabloid transfer speculation speak

"slapped in a bid" 

"putting the finishing touches to launch a deal" 

Preparing a bid is the best. Sounds like making Christmas dinner

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Preparing a bid is the best. Sounds like making Christmas dinner

It's bollocks isn't it

**** "slapped in a bid" what does that mean 

On 09/07/2019 at 19:28, Jimzk5 said:

It's bollocks isn't it

**** "slapped in a bid" what does that mean 

You can choose from Jedinak, Trump, Boris or a toilet full of shit

image.thumb.png.9539c3bbfaf92bfe84dd9fcc4b446a58.png

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Remarkably Micah Richards has some TV work coming up this season.

sure Sky wheel out Lescott for games, maybe the dream partnership can reunite again. The modern day Hansen and Lawro

Oliver Holt.

What happened to him? I used to love reading his work, I always liked him on Sunday Supplement and considered him to be measured and knowledgeable.

The last couple of years though he seems to have become a bitter, patronising arse and some of the stuff he puts out is absolute garbage.

• Like 1

2 absolute moronic comments of talksport transfer zone just now

Talking about free agents they mentioned sturridge, balotelli, Ben arfa, cahill, welbeck and a few more and why no one has picked them up, Darren Lewis (chief sports writer for the mirror) 

"I think they will drop their wage demands in the last 48/24 hours of the transfer window to find a club" 

Free agents Darren. They can join a club at any time 

Ray Houghton starts talking about sturridge and welbeck 

"the thing is with goalscorers, they are the difference between winning 1-0 and drawing 0-0"

3 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

2 absolute moronic comments of talksport transfer zone just now

Talking about free agents they mentioned sturridge, balotelli, Ben arfa, cahill, welbeck and a few more and why no one has picked them up, Darren Lewis (chief sports writer for the mirror) 

"I think they will drop their wage demands in the last 48/24 hours of the transfer window to find a club" 

Free agents Darren. They can join a club at any time 

Ray Houghton starts talking about sturridge and welbeck 

"the thing is with goalscorers, they are the difference between winning 1-0 and drawing 0-0"

Houghton is the worst of the many many bad pundits out there. Very bitter about wages these days. So takes it out on every player every match, slates everyone.

Just checking.

This new Athletic website that all the writers have gone to.

For some reason they've hired Gregg Evans as a Villa writer. Isn't he a Representative for Wellingborough Wolves fan who cried all January Tammy was leaving? What a shame.

• Like 1

I'm not sure what the athletic is I just know they were making a lot of noise on twitter and they charge you to read the content (£30 a year I think) not seen too much click bait nonsense from them yet but there's no way I'm paying for content, too much available for free and no confidence they will be any good 

• Like 1

Â