Media and punditry

BOF

Some people had the neck to suggest this guy and sack Smith. Richard Keys also mentioned in this but he is a clearing in the woods

But the 64-year-old has grown resentful of a competition that has become “a little bit too slow”, with not enough shots on target, in part due to foreign coaches.

For those of you playing Allardyce bingo, there’s half your card filled.

“I’m not a fan of the way the Premier League’s going at all,” he told beIN SPORTS of the industry that has given him the platform first to manage, and now to criticise from afar.

“I’m losing the excitement that used to be there week in and week out. For nearly 80-90% of games you’d get the odd one, but I’m finding that the amount of play that’s going on in midfield is slowing the game down far too much for me, and we’re losing the cut and thrust qualities that we had as a Premier League.

“We had it in the last game (Arsenal’s win over Manchester United). You look at the last game: it went end to end very quickly, lots of chances, but all the other games this weekend have just been a little bit too slow in the build-up and a little bit – in terms of chances created and shots on target, it’s been pretty low. I think that that’s a little concern for us in the Premier League.”

https://www.football365.com/news/allardyce-not-a-fan-of-the-way-the-premier-leagues-going

On 10/03/2019 at 14:38, Newry_Villan said:

Do we not have any articulate ex players who could do punditry on sky sports? 

Not long after he retired they had Martin Laursen a few times and he was really good I thought. Sky can't have anyone with a clue though they need 'legends' on there. 

I have a confession to make. For some reason i am a regular - if scornful - listener to radio WM footy phone in  mainly to check if Wolves have won the world cup yet (and to laugh at most of the idiot callers !). I also like to post about this phone in but I don't see an obvious thread on VT for it....so.....*gulps nervously*....i signed up to heroes and villains forum cos they DO have such a thread.

Ok....i feel dirty. If i am facing a VT paddlin' or ban then so be it. If only we had such a thread then I'd never darken their doorstep again.

Please forgive me 😧

15 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

I have a confession to make. For some reason i am a regular - if scornful - listener to radio WM footy phone in  mainly to check if Wolves have won the world cup yet (and to laugh at most of the idiot callers !). I also like to post about this phone in but I don't see an obvious thread on VT for it....so.....*gulps nervously*....i signed up to heroes and villains forum cos they DO have such a thread.

Ok....i feel dirty. If i am facing a VT paddlin' or ban then so be it. If only we had such a thread then I'd never darken their doorstep again.

Please forgive me 😧

Ah H&V......remember that place well.......wonder if I'm still banned ha! 🙈

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Please forgive me 😧

Wait, there are other Villa forums?!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Considering that as a player was amazing for Villa and as a manager he relegated Wolves to the third division, I find it really hard to like Dean Saunders. 

• Like 3

Seriously wtf?!

Perhaps get some intelligent people a chance rather than give new gizmos to these bell ends.

And who the ell is Ass pill you kwetta?

Edited by sne

6 hours ago, sne said:

Seriously wtf?!

Perhaps get some intelligent people a chance rather than give new gizmos to these bell ends.

And who the ell is Ass pill you kwetta?

I absolutely hate his accent.  Should be banned from TV.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I absolutely hate his accent.  Should be banned from TV.

A part of me knows it's wrong to judge people based on their accent. It's especially hypocritical being from brum, even if I don't have the accent.

But I've never been able to respect someone with a scouse accent. 

I might have mentioned this before, but I use the following video of him when training English as a Foreign Language teachers to teach listening skills, to illustrate the difficulties of listening to 'normal' English for non-native speakers:

13 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

What is he even on about. 

"Your'e black, he's a convicted sex offender.  That's basically the same thing, right?" 

Â