Media and punditry

BOF

Incidentally her explanation is that the two of them were about to walk to the tunnel to interview Hassenhuttl and they wanted to give them something to talk about while they walked.

Which I get, but why make it a question from Kelly? It just looks weird for them to turn away then :D

11 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Wish Jenas would shut up about the penalty in the Spurs/City game. The ball hit Rose's arm outside his body and it was seen on VAR. Just accept it.

Same as the PSG one. Ex-players not knowing the rules, then being told the rules, and still going mental because the correct decision was made. Shut the **** up.

• Thanks 1

Jenas seemed determined to make that Son goal a lot better than it was.

"The camera has panned to Ederson there, but no question as to whether he could have done anything about that. He had no chance. Finish was too good"

It literally went straight through him.

2 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Wish Jenas would shut up about the penalty in the Spurs/City game. The ball hit Rose's arm outside his body and it was seen on VAR. Just accept it.

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Same as the PSG one. Ex-players not knowing the rules, then being told the rules, and still going mental because the correct decision was made. Shut the **** up.

The rule isn't "hand away from body", the rule is that handball has to be deliberate.  I don't think either the PSG or Rose ones should have been given as penalties.

I didn't see the one tonight but the PSG was given for Kimpembe hand in an unnatural position. I think that was deserved as defenders shouldnt block with the back for a start

9 hours ago, bobzy said:

The rule isn't "hand away from body", the rule is that handball has to be deliberate.  I don't think either the PSG or Rose ones should have been given as penalties.

This is true.

But there are also guidelines issued to referees that aren't published and the assumption is that the whole arm away from the body/unnatural position thing is in those guidelines and has been for some time. Part of the reason they're changing the laws to match.

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Very little mention in the media of a 9 year old Chelsea fan hit with a flare from Liverpool fans yesterday 

The Liverpool loving media strike again

I thought that. Imagine if the poor guy got seriously injured... Could (should) be a stadium closure.

smoke bomb apparently. And the lad has learning difficulties and special needs. He was put on a nebuliser and treated for eye irritation. Along with the shock.

They are no joke. Someone in a band threw one off the front of the stage at a gig I was working at a few years ago as part of his act. Luckily no one was hurt. When we collared him back-stage we had a little chat about pyrotechnics in a public space. He stood his ground and refused to see the problem. He wanted smoke apparently. There were 2 1500w smoke machines literally at his feet :rolleyes: (and they'll never get booked again). Anyway not only are some people thick, but they are also belligerent about it.

Only the other day @chrisp65 was on about that Wales match where a flare killed someone in the crowd. 2 guys from Wrexham got 3 years for manslaughter. One guy had to go home to his mums with 2 policemen and explain why his dad wasn't coming home with him.

Few years ago now but Spurs fans hit a linesman at VP chucking a smoke cannister on the pitch IIRC.

Nobs.

• Like 1

Dean Saunders has picked his goal of the season.

It's the one where Aubameyang stole it from the Watford keeper and poked it in apparently :blink:

Guy needs a lobotomy or stronger meds.

Arsenal just about saw off Watford in the Premier League’s Monday night fixture to ascend back into the top four.

The decisive goal came just 10 minutes in when Ben Foster dawdled just a fraction of a second too long and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang stole in to pick the goalkeeper’s pocket…

For some reason, Aubameyang’s opportunistic goal was enough to work TalkSport ‘expert’ Dean Saunders into a lather, with the Welshman going so far as to crown it his “Goal of the Season” after some careful consideration.This is going to sound stupid but Aubameyang’s goal is goal of the season. The way he chases down a lost cause… creates something out of nothing.

Ever the willing stooge, Saunders then proceeded to rank it over Mohamed Salah’s 25-yarder against Chelsea in what was an incredibly transparent move to provoke and rile any Liverpool fans listening in.

We know it’s just TalkSport trying to bullshit-bait their audience into engaging, but it’s still utter f**king dross all the same.

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/arsenal/283409/premier-league-ben-foster-error-sees-arsenal-beat-watford-with-best-goal-dean-saunders-has-witnessed-all-season-photo-video.html

Video in link

Â