Media and punditry

BOF

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Dean Saunders thinks Liverpool should sign Wayne Rooney ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

He did go on to say that he meant a player like Rooney.........he just does a really poor job of explaining himself with any kind of clarity.

Just think.......he was a Manager at one point.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Dean Saunders thinks Liverpool should sign Wayne Rooney ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

He is the worst. All last week on my drive to work he was banging on about every club in the PL should sign Bale. He clearly hasn't watched him, he still describes him as explosive.

He's a **** moron. Probably the worst pundit going and an absolute arsehole to boot.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I'm not sure what the athletic is I just know they were making a lot of noise on twitter and they charge you to read the content (ยฃ30 a year I think) not seen too much click bait nonsense from them yet but there's no way I'm paying for content, too much available for free and no confidence they will be any goodย 

ย 

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Lot of hack journalists have signed up for it

I don't think the model here is meant to be that they will provide you with faster or more accurate transfer news. I think the idea is that people will pay that much to read the best analysis and sports writing. Whether that's right or not, I don't know, but I won't blame anybody for trying to write for a site that (hopefully) privileges intelligent analysis rather than websites where the job is about fitting key words into opening paragraphs and invasive pop-up videos.ย 

34 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He has to say something daft in order to be heard, get the traffic and stay relevant

Durham for all his bullshit is very very good at what he is there to do

Saunders is **** terrible at it

I think Deano is a bit simple. It seems like the other presenters get it, but he does come across as someone who has 1 channel.

What I do like hearing on TS every now and again when ex players talk about the money they were on. DS mentioned this morning when he was at Derby (for a British record fee I think) he was on ยฃ2,500 a week. Players of a similar stature now on 100x that (or more). I bet back then he thought he was very well paid too.

Edited by Genie

21 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

ย 

I don't think the model here is meant to be that they will provide you with faster or more accurate transfer news. I think the idea is that people will pay that much to read the best analysis and sports writing. Whether that's right or not, I don't know, but I won't blame anybody for trying to write for a site that (hopefully) privileges intelligent analysis rather than websites where the job is about fitting key words into opening paragraphs and invasive pop-up videos.ย 

They're paying a lot, I can tell you that for a fact.

Far more than people like Evans are on, hence why they're sweeping them all up.

Yes Michael Cox and Hoginstein have signed up. I really like Michael Cox and he's already written a great article on The Atlantic about how each of the newly promoted teams play. Of course it was difficult to say much about us because our squad has changed quite considerably. It's a taste of things to come, so I have signed up.ย 

If you're not willing to pay for good journalism, don't complain when all you get is clickbait rubbish. Only strong support for good writers will eventually be the end of the ridiculous half witted TV punditry we have in this country.ย ย 

My thing is this, I want to read, watch or listen to something that tells me something I didn't know before.I want to learn from tactical analysis, the strategic approach clubs take that we don't always see, a bit of the politics behind why teams, players or managers make certain decisions.ย 

I am slightly surprised that Gregg Evans got the gig for Villa, but in a different format he might shine.ย 

Anyway, I've subscribed because it's the sort of thing I like. Just from reading a few articles today, I think I will quite like it.ย 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

ย 

So an online version of The Blizzard then?

10 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Just checking.

This new Athletic website that all the writers have gone to.

For some reason they've hired Gregg Evans as a Villa writer. Isn't he a Representative for Wellingborough Wolves fan who cried all January Tammy was leaving? What a shame.

Signed up for a trial today.ย 

Some really good content and then I see we have got Gregg Evans.ย 

Gutted. Absolute joke of a journalist. Never had the balls to actually question things unlike Kendrick. He became a mouth piece for lambert, lerner when things were bad.ย 

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

They're paying a lot, I can tell you that for a fact.

Far more than people like Evans are on, hence why they're sweeping them all up.

Yes, they must be paying a fortune. They appear to have signed up about 90% (literally, that's not an exaggeration) of the Guardian's football writers.ย 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

He reckoned most prem clubs should sign him and questioned why Everton let him go, backed it all up by saying he's performances in the MLS show he still has it, because you know, the MLS is comparable to the prem in terms 9f quality

The guy is a moron, the worrying thing is I genuinely think he believes what he says

20 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

He reckoned most prem clubs should sign him and questioned why Everton let him go, backed it all up by saying he's performances in the MLS show he still has it, because you know, the MLS is comparable to the prem in terms 9f quality

The guy is a moron, the worrying thing is I genuinely think he believes what he says

He definitely does.

38 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yes, they must be paying a fortune. They appear to have signed up about 90% (literally, that's not an exaggeration) of the Guardian's football writers.ย 

Yep. A local journo is a friend of a friend and heโ€™s gone there. Said it wasnโ€™t even a question given what they were offering and asking for in return.ย 

ร—
ร—
ร‚