Media and punditry

BOF

51 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Surprised with the downturn of form at United that Ince isnt saying how he would do better than Solksjaer or that anybody could do that job

He doesn’t need to say it any more. We all know he’s thinking it. 

Honestly don't know why anyone watches any of the crap before & after games.

Turn it on 2 minutes before, do something else at half time and off straight after the game. If it was possible via the red button to have no commentary at all and just stadium noise i would do that too.

I like good analysis before, during and after the match. It is possible, and sometimes the BBC prove that it is. The real problem is that it's not possible to have useful analysis *and two advert breaks* during half-time. 

8 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I like good analysis before, during and after the match. It is possible, and sometimes the BBC prove that it is. The real problem is that it's not possible to have useful analysis *and two advert breaks* during half-time. 

BT's Champions League coverage is pretty decent compared to most other stuff.  I also like watching their Goals show in the group stages where they have proper journalists from round Europe watching the games and James Richardson presenting.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

BT's Champions League coverage is pretty decent compared to most other stuff.  I also like watching their Goals show in the group stages where they have proper journalists from round Europe watching the games and James Richardson presenting.

I've heard that's good, I don't have bt though 

I wanted to hear if anything was being discussed about El Ghazi/ Wankford and so I did something I never usually do - tune into Talksport.

I managed to leave it on for ten minutes, in which time the hot topic was if ManUre would finish in a Euro place. What a load of shit that station is.

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

I wanted to hear if anything was being discussed about El Ghazi/ Wankford and so I did something I never usually do - tune into Talksport.

I managed to leave it on for ten minutes, in which time the hot topic was if ManUre would finish in a Euro place. What a load of shit that station is.

Absolute hive of bellends that place is. Divs like Alan Brazil as well who was like 12th choice striker for Scotland in the early 80's.

Wow, It's utterly painful to listen to Jamie Carragher.

even on the rare occasion he's not spouting crap he's still insufferable. whiny annoying bell end.

• Haha 1

Dafuq is this co commentator on BT Sport smoking?  Liverpool torn to shreds by Lionel Messi and he's going on about how Michael Owen told him at half time that they need to keep it tight.  Maybe if he'd told Klopp then Liverpool would have chosen not to concede those goals.🤦‍♂️

edit: ah. It's former Real Madrid winger and professional scouser Steve McManaman.  That explains everything. 

Edited by The_Rev
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

Dafuq is this co commentator on BT Sport smoking?  Liverpool torn to shreds by Lionel Messi and he's going on about how Michael Owen told him at half time that they need to keep it tight.  Maybe if he'd told Klopp then Liverpool would have chosen not to concede those goals.🤦‍♂️

edit: ah. It's former Real Madrid winger and professional scouser Steve McManaman.  That explains everything. 

So biased at times, well most of the time really. 

Lots of “the respect Barca are showing to Liverpool here....” type comments. Nauseating.

Pretty sure I heard him complain about how good the free kick was :lol:

It wasn't even the bias, it was the idiocy. I think there was a period of four or five minutes where he was clearly annoyed by the way the game had gone but offering something along the lines "you don't want to let Messi score against you" as his words of wisdom just makes me wonder what the hell he is doing there in the first place.  

3 hours ago, sne said:

Wow, It's utterly painful to listen to Jamie Carragher.

even on the rare occasion he's not spouting crap he's still insufferable. whiny annoying bell end.

«Liverpool totally dominated Barcelona». Right. Of course they did, Jamie. Of course they did.

Edited by Michelsen
  • Haha 1

its a champions league semi final in a huge "tough" match I have absolutely no problem with him celebrating*

maybe what they should do is admit suarez is an utter bastard and reflect on why they were so misguided with their vehement defence of him in the first place...

* also seen lineker and rio getting pelters for their celebration of messi's free kick, it was a stunning free kick that I would imagine got 99% of football fans smiling and lineker being an ex player is never shy of his support of barca or his love of messi, again absolutely no problem with it, seems the scouse offended by everything brigade is out again

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

its a champions league semi final in a huge "tough" match I have absolutely no problem with him celebrating*

maybe what they should do is admit suarez is an utter bastard and reflect on why they were so misguided with their vehement defence of him in the first place...

* also seen lineker and rio getting pelters for their celebration of messi's free kick, it was a stunning free kick that I would imagine got 99% of football fans smiling and lineker being an ex player is never shy of his support of barca or his love of messi, again absolutely no problem with it, seems the scouse offended by everything brigade is out again

They realise Rio played for United for a decade. 

Keane/Souness et al have to try and simplify football so they can put these people away. Every single goal is someone's fault. They haven't been pulled out of position, they just aren't good enough in their eyes. Can't imagine how tiresome it must be having him as a coach.

They would have had to have totally change their games to make it now and they don't like it. You couldn't kick someone out of it if they went round you once. 

• Like 1

Pardon for opening up old wounds but this is why i hated life under Bruce.

(Exaggerations coming up) But there is so much more to football these days than just "put yer boots on"

The lack of attentions to detail and team cohesion was driving me mad.

Very few teams will be able to do what City or Plop does, but Bielsa has transformed a (IMO very average Leeds squad) into promotion candidates over a very short time doing just this.

And with us the transformation we've seen under Smith is delightful.

It's not the only way to be successful, but you are giving yourself a greater chance if you at least try.

It's also partly why old school managers like Bruce are jokingly labeled "dinosaurs" and why their glass ceiling is getting lower and lower. 

Neil Warnock proved last season it can still be done thou.

Edited by sne
  • Like 3

Â