Media and punditry

BOF

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

He went down there like Super Mario when...

when a bad player is playing.

Christ. I don't even know what he was trying to say.

Incredible. 

4 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Is Sane at the World Cup? I can’t remember Jonathan Pearce ever telling me?

Apparently they could have done with him out there today (despite the fact Sane has never played well for Germany)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Apparently they could have done with him out there today (despite the fact Sane has never played well for Germany)

He would have saved the goal with ease

Not only did Pearce and Neville keep going on about Sané, but it was the fact that they were saying “they’ll have to make do without him” like he was injured. He’s not injured, he’s deliberately not been selected.

So far pundits and commentary, ITV are kicking BBC butts.

• Like 2

It’s hard work so far listening to these co commmentators - Danny Murphy, phil Neville Iain dowie and Kevin kilbane are bloody awful, also that eni aluko in the studio keeps saying the bloody obvious ?

15 hours ago, One For The Road said:

It's because they don't bother doing any actual research. They know Sané because he plays in England. Therefore he must be better than all the other players they have who just play in 'rubbish' countries like, Germany for example. 

Terrible commentary.

It's the same every year, it's amazing how many teams in tournament football will rely heavily on "insert PL player's name here."

• Like 1

Thing is for all Lineker's annoying traits he's actually quite good at presenting a TV programme. No one on the ITV team comes close in that respect for me. The blonde woman presenter on ITV is getting less nervous now but is amazingly wooden, The amalgam faceless ITV bloke presenters Pougatch and Gabriel Clarke etc are all the same after that to me. Gabby Logan comes across as a bit smug. Dan Walker's just the annoying bloke in the office as far as I'm concerned. Being in Wales we are served up a regular dose of Jason Mohammed who is ok. I haven't seen anything of him or Seema Jaswal on ITV yet.

10 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Thing is for all Lineker's annoying traits he's actually quite good at presenting a TV programme. No one on the ITV team comes close in that respect for me. The blonde woman presenter on ITV is getting less nervous now but is amazingly wooden, The amalgam faceless ITV bloke presenters Pougatch and Gabriel Clarke etc are all the same after that to me. Gabby Logan comes across as a bit smug. Dan Walker's just the annoying bloke in the office as far as I'm concerned. Being in Wales we are served up a regular dose of Jason Mohammed who is ok. I haven't seen anything of him or Seema Jaswal on ITV yet.

I think both Pougatch and Lineker are really good.

They're not the issue when it comes to those shows. 

• Like 1

as i just said in the match thread, ally mccoist sounds fake as ****! everything he says sounds scripted rather than his own knowledge, he hasnt got a clue about either of these 2 teams and offers very little insight to the football either so whats the point of him?

I generally like Lineker on MotD, but I don't think he's at his best live when he has to actually come up with things to say on the fly.

I can't remember which match it was, but during half time, he clearly thought bringing up VAR for a penalty call would get people talking. 10 seconds later, all 3 pundits agreed it was correct, and he just sat there and said "Well....there we are then...Well, I've spoken to some other people, and they didn't think it was a penalty." *silence* 

Edited by Davkaus

Â