Media and punditry

BOF

Two things...

I wish they would stop going on about Salah, **** hell, it has been endless. 

And during this game they mentioned the fact Kane should have had penalties. STOP IT! We won, it's over. **** off Pearce.

• Like 3

Will there be a minutes silence before every game from now on given that poor Mohammad salah is going out of the tournament? 

Christ the bbc coverage is abysmal. 

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

I'm glad I could learn so much from tonight's commentary about the sides. Especially the Russians. The Russian striker is "big" apparently. Zhirkov has "just signed a new contract" even though he is old. The guy they got to join the squad out of retirement was "pulled out of retirement". Fascinating stuff all round.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Xela said:

Did Salah have an injury? I would have never known. 

39 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Will there be a minutes silence before every game from now on given that poor Mohammad salah is going out of the tournament? 

Christ the bbc coverage is abysmal. 

It was a wonderfully brave performance from Salah tonight, to fight on in such adversity. Brought a tear to my eye.

When it was Beckham, Rooney and Owen it was all self indulgent but Salah is a true hero!

• Like 1

The commentator according to the sky guide is Vicki sparks for the Portugal game, she was bloody awful when she did a game for the fa cup on motd last season

Edited by rbcuk

Sparks is fine, imo. Not brilliant, but certainly not objectionable. At least not compared to the ex-pros who mostly just have cushy "jobs for the boys". 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

Sparks is fine I think. She is very literal with her commentary though, can tell she’s cut her teeth doing radio comms. Dare I say it, Keown has actually been alright during this game too. 

• Like 1

One of the commentators on Swedish telly is ex player Glenn Strömberg, loved him as a player but they guy is infuriating as a commentator.

His vocabulary is pretty much 6 phrases of which he repeats 2 of them easily 200 times per game, for no apparent reason.

I actually came up with a drinking game related to this about 10 years ago that is that whenever he says "här" (here) or "där" (there) you have to take a sip. Warning thou it will get you hammered withing 30 minutes.

He also has a habit that whenever a team does something good he makes it out like he was just about to say they should do that more often, he also regularly states that he's "never ever heard atmosphere like this before" or something like that every week. And whenever something exiting happens he goes full retard and belches out something like OOOOAAAAÖÖÖUUUHHHÖÖÖÖ!!!

At least it appears he has stopped getting drunk before the games like he used to do a few years ago during the CL broadcasts.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Have to say, I don't think anyone would think twice about Sparks' commentary if she had a deeper voice. 

Tbh I do find female commentators when they're having to raise their voice either due to excitement or a loud crowd can be a bit grating.  The female pundits though I think are much better than the male ones in general in the studio.

That female commentator was absolutely dreadful. A radio commentator, with no personality. The clamour for female presenters, commentators and pundits is reaching fever pitch.

Fine if they are good at their job but I can't help feeling that some of them are there to fill a PC quota.

Edited by One For The Road

Â