Media and punditry

BOF

yeah but salah does it for an english team...

to be fair it would be good if the award went to someone who has had an exceptional year rather than to messi or ronaldo who are maintaining their incredibly high level of performance, the crazy stats for those 2 are pretty normal by now

• Like 1

On 25/04/2018 at 16:23, villa4europe said:

yeah but salah does it for an english team...

to be fair it would be good if the award went to someone who has had an exceptional year rather than to messi or ronaldo who are maintaining their incredibly high level of performance, the crazy stats for those 2 are pretty normal by now

Normal for them, but still miles higher than anyone else, which is why they should still win it

Messi absolutely should not win it, he's doing his BAU in La Liga, which is a poor league and he frankly didn't do much in the Champions League. For me, Ronaldo has not only scored something like a goal a game in the league but has also scored a shit tonne in the Champion League. Salah has been incredible in the league and Champions League. Not sure when the decision is going to be made but the one who performs best in the remaining CL semi and final (out of Salah and Ronaldo) should take it home.

• Like 1

I always look forward to Garth Crooks' team of the week, which is just basically players who have scored a goal that weekend. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

I always look forward to Garth Crooks' team of the week, which is just basically players who have scored a goal that weekend. 

Fellaini 25 minutes run-out should be enough to get him in

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

Does he still do that, I hardly ever seen him on BBC nowadays.

Bit like Lawro's predictions which were always amusing and a must not miss about 10 years ago. Think he last predicted Liverpool to draw a game in the 90s.

8 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Messi absolutely should not win it, he's doing his BAU in La Liga, which is a poor league and he frankly didn't do much in the Champions League. For me, Ronaldo has not only scored something like a goal a game in the league but has also scored a shit tonne in the Champion League. Salah has been incredible in the league and Champions League. Not sure when the decision is going to be made but the one who performs best in the remaining CL semi and final (out of Salah and Ronaldo) should take it home.

I think hes 8 goals ahead of ronaldo and won a league and cup double so far this year as well as the longest unbeaten streak in la liga history, potentially full season unbeaten, has a lot more asissts too

It'll be heavily weighted towards the CL and WC again, if ronaldo wins the CL then messi will have to win the world cup to get the award 

Edited by villa4europe

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I think hes 8 goals ahead of ronaldo and won a league and cup double so far this year as well as the longest unbeaten streak in la liga history, potentially full season unbeaten, has a lot more asissts too

It'll be heavily weighted towards the CL and WC again, if ronaldo wins the CL then messi will have to win the world cup to get the award 

In the league they are both pretty much a goal a game. Messi has 43 goals in 51 games, Ronaldo has 42 in 40 games (all competitions). Ronaldo is having the better personal season, Barca winning the league and cup double is kind of a 'who gives a shit' achievement these days. Agree RE the world cup though.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Troglodyte said:

I hate Martin Keown with a passion.

When he described the decision to disallow Sanchez’s goal as “a little harsh” even though he was definitely offside...unbelievable. 

Edited by Milfner

I still remember during the 2010 World Cup him actually moaning - while commentating on a game - about how the viewers wouldn't realise how difficult it was to have to get up really early in the mornings to travel many miles to attend the matches to do his job. It sounded like he genuinely didn't want to be there.

And his comments are often just so brainless. I'm surprised that a good defender like him, who played for such a strong Arsenal side under Wenger, can sound so moronic when attempting to analyse tactics. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Glenn Hoddle is so biased towards Spurs players. England just had a good move but Deli Alli ballsed it up by playing a shit ball to Sterling.  But it was all Sterling's fault and Allis shit ball wasn't even mentioned.

I thought the BT coverage of the Champions League final was a disgrace. I despise the Liverpool bias, believe it not but most football fans probably want them to lose but they act as though it's an England game. Hated McManaman as well, Hoddle just a cheerleader for anyone English.

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Glenn Hoddle is so biased towards Spurs players. England just had a good move but Deli Alli ballsed it up by playing a shit ball to Sterling.  But it was all Sterling's fault and Allis shit ball wasn't even mentioned.

Glen Hoddle is useless full stop. 

Â