Media and punditry

BOF

3 hours ago, will87 said:

Can't believe people think calling for him to be sacked is an overreaction. He spat over a 14-year-old girl, he has to go.

I dont think it matters either way. 

He is going to have to deal with it for the rest of his life. There will be endless gags, songs sung about him etc. I think that it is just as much of a punishment for him to still be in the limelight.

I didnt like him before he spat and i dont like him now. He's just an ex footballer who "analyses" a very simple sport.

He's going to get away with it.

Remarkable.

If a player spat tonight in that game, especially a foreign one, he's just the sort of old school duffer pundit who would slaughter him as though it's the worse thing you can do to another human.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He's going to get away with it.

Remarkable.

If a player spat tonight in that game, especially a foreign one, he's just the sort of old school duffer pundit who would slaughter him as though it's the worse thing you can do to another human.

What do you mean get away with it? He's been suspended by Sky. Using your comparison to how a pundit would react to a player spitting, what would happen to them that means Carragher is "getting away with it"? Would that player get sacked? Or just get suspended like Carragher did?

He's been punished already, and may still get further punishment, I fail to see how in any way he's getting away with it.

2 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

What do you mean get away with it? He's been suspended by Sky. Using your comparison to how a pundit would react to a player spitting, what would happen to them that means Carragher is "getting away with it"? Would that player get sacked? Or just get suspended like Carragher did?

He's been punished already, and may still get further punishment, I fail to see how in any way he's getting away with it.

Get away with it in that I think he'll be back on TV next MNF.

I don't think he should be paid by Sky any more. I don't think he should be on TV anymore. It's a real scum move.

I've not seen proof that he was provoked 3 or 4 times either, he's just said he was. Probably to cover his quick actions of launching a big gob at another moving vehicle. Who even thinks of doing it? Makes my skin crawl.

Rules are different for current footballers you know that. They're assets. They get away with worse than this sort of muck!

• Like 1

Carra now removed from sky for the rest of the season and possibly being investigated by the police for common assault, The dad/driver is also going to get a minimum of a fine & 6 points on his license.

Sky wil discuss the possibility of Carra returning to work in the summer

Edited by LakotaDakota

14 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Carra now removed from sky for the rest of the season and possibly being investigated by the police for common assault, The dad/driver is also going to get a minimum of a fine & 6 points on his license.

What a pair of dickheads.

So glad the dad has been punished too. prick.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

That is him gone then. People move on quickly and he will be soon forgotten about and easily pushed out the door.

Suspended till the summer when they will discuss his position with him .

20 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Suspended till the summer when they will discuss his position with him .

Out of sight out of mind. I imagine there are several of the "golden generation" itching for that job,
Carragher isn't irreplaceable, aside from the "hilarious banter" with Neville. I can't stand the guy personally.

• Like 1

Â