Media and punditry

BOF

4 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

I wasn't comparing what he did to Andy Gray. I was comparing spitting at a car to an act that would justify being called a vile scumbag.

He spat on the girl, she says she got hit in the face with it.

Even it if was on the window, it still qualifies him as a "vile scumbag" imo.

Edited by Genie

1 hour ago, JB said:

What Carragher has done is clearly disgusting and vile and definitely sack-worthy IMO but I’m shocked that nobody in the media seems to be picking up on the fact the guy driving the car is blatantly using his phone on a dual carriageway with no regard for anyone else’s safety. He’s just as much of a word removed and having incriminated himself, needs to be made an example of.

He's more of a word removed, he could have caused a serious accent, with his daughter next to him as well, much worse than what Carragher did.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

She has her father of the year to thank for that.

He's clearly a prick too, if his employer wants to fire him then so be it. We're just discussing Carra here, spitting on a member of the public / teen girl after a bit of post match goading makes him deserving of the sack imo.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

He's clearly a prick too, if his employer wants to fire him then so be it. We're just discussing Carra here, spitting on a member of the public / teen girl after a bit of post match goading makes him deserving of the sack imo.

If someone pursues you on a dual carriage way then it's an act of aggression, whilst spitting isn't the right response it's understandable that he responded in an unsavory way. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

If someone pursues you on a dual carriage way then it's an act of aggression, whilst spitting isn't the right response it's understandable that he responded in an unsavory way. 

Pursued him? He was in the next lane and virtually side  by side - the words said were 2-1 lad , hardly a massive provocation to deserve carraghers reaction - I’m sure he’s had far worse on the pitch than that .

There is no doubt in my opinion carragher should be fired  by sky and the girls dad also should be done for using his phone whilst driving .

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Pursued him? He was in the next lane and virtually side  by side - the words said were 2-1 lad , hardly a massive provocation to deserve carraghers reaction - I’m sure he’s had far worse on the pitch than that .

There is no doubt in my opinion carragher should be fired  by sky and the girls dad also should be done for using his phone whilst driving .

He identified Carragher in his car and drove side by side, that's pursuing someone, rather than minding your own business and just driving on to where ever you want to go. Doing that and pulling out your camera phone to goad someone is a clear provocation and a dangerous one to do at speed on the road.

16 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He identified Carragher in his car and drove side by side, that's pursuing someone, rather than minding your own business and just driving on to where ever you want to go. Doing that and pulling out your camera phone to goad someone is a clear provocation and a dangerous one to do at speed on the road.

SO  carragher taking his eyes of the road to spit at a child is ok because her dad said 2-1 lad ?   Carragher is a prick and a coward for doing what he did - an utter embarrassment of a man , yes the dad is also a prick but there’s no excuse for carragher .

its a media thread and carragher we are discussing not the dad and there was no kind of provocation to warrant that response - even carragher himself has admitted that and apologised so cannot see why you are defending him when he himself had admitted he is totally to blame .

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

SO  carragher taking his eyes of the road to spit at a child is ok because her dad said 2-1 lad ?   Carragher is a prick and a coward for doing what he did - an utter embarrassment of a man , yes the dad is also a prick but there’s no excuse for carragher .

If someone is following you on a dual carriageway, leaning across the passenger seat to film you with a smartphone and shouting things at you then I think you can be forgiven for taking your eyes off the road for a few seconds.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

If someone is following you on a dual carriageway, leaning across the passenger seat to film you with a smartphone and shouting things at you then I think you can be forgiven for taking your eyes off the road for a few seconds.

I sure as **** wouldn’t spit on their kid .

It s a media thread and carragher we are discussing not the dad and there was no kind of provocation to warrant that response - even carragher himself has admitted that and apologised so cannot see why you are defending him when he himself had admitted he is totally to blame .

Edited by Eastie

5 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I sure as **** wouldn’t spit on their kid .

It s a media thread and carragher we are discussing not the dad and there was no kind of provocation to warrant that response - even carragher himself has admitted that and apologised so cannot see why you are defending him when he himself had admitted he is totally to blame .

I'm not defending what he did, I've stated that he shouldn't have spat at the car, but my position is that he shouldn't be sacked as he was aggressively pursued in a dangerous incident by a moronic individual. Carragher acted totally in the heat of the moment and should IMO be given a bit of a break. The worst individual in this entire incident is by far the bloke who instigated the entire thing, not Jamie Carragher. He was the one who was acting in a much more calculated and rational manner, rather than Carragher, who clearly saw the old red mist, which IMO is understandable. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

16 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I'm not defending what he did, I've stated that he shouldn't have spat at the car, but my position is that he shouldn't be sacked as he was aggressively pursued in a dangerous incident by a moronic individual. Carragher acted totally in the heat of the moment and should IMO be given a bit of a break. The worst individual in this entire incident is by far the bloke who instigated the entire thing, not Jamie Carragher. He was the one who was acting in a much more calculated and rational manner, rather than Carragher, who clearly saw the old red mist, which IMO is understandable. 

Have you seen the actual video - he wasn’t aggressively pursued at all - he was in the next lane and said to his daughter look Jamie carragher there on the next lane - he didn’t chase him at all .

Have you seen the actual video - he wasn’t aggressively pursued at all - he was in the next lane and said to his daughter look Jamie carragher there on the next lane - he didn’t chase him at all .

Ah right, the camera comes on as soon as they spot him LOL. By Carragher's account he was goaded "3/4 times along the motorway" which clearly demonstrates that he was being pursued. 

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Ah right, the camera comes on as soon as they spot him LOL. By Carragher's account he was goaded "3/4 times along the motorway" which clearly demonstrates that he was being pursued. 

Carragher was talking about being goaded by other people not all the same guy .

i can see now however that you have misunderstood his comments and thought he was goaded by the same guy 3 or 4 times .

Edited by Eastie

10 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

So driving next to someone, filming and goading them is not pursuing them? OK.

Is saying 2-1 lad really goading someone?

at worst you flick the v sign not spit - only cowards spit .

carragher himself has apologised and took the full blame so you are defending the indefensible 

Edited by Eastie

Â