Media and punditry

BOF

Way I see it is he did something disgusting but i am not sure if spitting is actually illegal. 

He has apologised, the family have accepted it and the 2 parties should move on. Problem is we live in a outraged world where heads must roll plus Sky set a marker with Keys so he prob be sacked

He'll deal with some public shaming and potentially the sack (bit of an overreaction IMO, but Sky have every right to protect their brand)  and the clearing in the woods of a father should be getting 6 points on his license and a £200 fine.

What a complete pair of bellends.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Way I see it is he did something disgusting but i am not sure if spitting is actually illegal. 

He has apologised, the family have accepted it and the 2 parties should move on. Problem is we live in a outraged world where heads must roll plus Sky set a marker with Keys so he prob be sacked

It is illegal, it’s Battery.

Ill be very surprised if he doesn’t get sacked in today’s world of moral outrage. I won’t be shedding any tears for him if so, spitting at someone is **** disgusting.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, penguin said:

Ill be very surprised if he doesn’t get sacked in today’s world of moral outrage. I won’t be shedding any tears for him if so, spitting at someone is **** disgusting.

Ok didnt know that. Sure I would expect Liverpool to make him a club ambassador after he gets sacked

1 minute ago, penguin said:

Indeed , not only spitting at someone but doing so whilst driving and also spitting at a child - big  **** man eh?

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Spitting at a person

Spitting at someone could be investigated either as an assault or a public order offence. Both of these offences are recorded as crimes by the police (The Home Office Counting Rules.) The police would investigate these types of crimes.

If you do not know the offender having access to a spit kit to collect dna evidence would assist in idenitifying the person responsible. Even if you did know the offender, collecting the spittle and DNA evidence could offer additional evidence for an offence (especially in the case of one word against another)

http://www.spitkit.co.uk/when-is-spitting-an-offence/

• Haha 1

He said: "I have no excuse. My biggest regret is for the 14-year-old girl to be caught in the middle of this, my altercation with the father.

"Because it is a young girl it feels slightly worse to me. I have a daughter of the same age and if someone had done that to her I don't know how I would respond.

"I called the family, obviously they were upset last night. Hopefully the family can accept that apology from me."

Carragher, whose daughter Mia is the same age as the girl he spat at, said: "I'd be horrified.

"My mother and father would be the same. [My kids] are disappointed, upset . . .

The way that father sees his daughter is how I see mine.

"All I can do is apologise as much as I can. I can't go back. I've done that with the family and hopefully they accept that."

Asked if he deserves to keep his job, he replied: "There's no doubt what I have done is disgusting, I'm getting vilified and rightly so.

Edited by Eastie

41 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Bellend as a player, bellend as a pundit. he hasn't fooled me/
There was some youtube football game a while ago and he was kicking lumps out of some kids, and elbowing them in the face. Seriously, grow the **** up.

The guy is a coward as vinnie Jones rightly said on talksport earlier - glad to see the back of him and he can take his squeaky voice with him 

Edited by Eastie

Bizarrely I cannot see Sky sacking him, regardless of their previous disposals of mssrs Keyes, gray (totally justified) and Rodney Marsh (who was sacked for an ill advised tsunami/toon army joke on live tv)

I just have a feeling they’ll allow him back after his ‘grilling’ on sky sports news in which he cried and declared remorse. 

it was a despicable thing to do and the ‘goading’ was nothing compared to what’s shouted on the terraces most games. 

He is an ambassador for sky sports and that is not the public image they should back and endorse. 

However, I agree the dad doesn’t come out of it well either (particularly his reaction, where I swear I heard the cash ringing in his eyes!) 

he should hang his head in shame for putting his daughter in this situation due to his moronic and childish behaviour whilst driving his family home. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, will87 said:

Can't believe people think calling for him to be sacked is an overreaction. He spat over a 14-year-old girl, he has to go.

They never sacked Kirsty Gallagher who was convicted of drink driving, a worse offence in my opinion? 

Not defending Carragher, it was a disgusting thing to do, but losing your job over it?

Edited by Xela
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Xela said:

They never sacked Kirsty Gallagher who was convicted of drink driving, a worse offence in my opinion? 

Not defending Carragher, it was a disgusting thing to do, but losing your job over it?

I was just about to post this. She was THREE times over the legal limit, got banned for 2 years but keeps her job. Perhaps it's because she's the pin up girl for SSN that sky spared her ?

If they did sack her then yes of course I'd miss those clingy tops she almost bursts out of !

Edited by mottaloo

14 minutes ago, Xela said:

on another note though its funny to hear such great role models like Joey Barton, Richard Keys and Vinnie Jones having a go at Carragher

Â