Media and punditry

BOF

I met Martin Tyler a few times at VP when i worked the corp hospitality suites in the north stand. I always found him to be a friendly and engaging man and I just don't understand the hate for him.

The late Ron Jones on radio 2 had such drama in his voice especially as you relied on the commentator to paint a picture in a non visual media and Ron always delivered. 

• Like 1

So I expect and hope that Jamie Carragher's career in media is over now after a video surfacing of him spitting at a 14 y.o girl after Plop's defeat to Man U.

Jamie Carragher has apologised to a teenage girl in whose face he spat after her mum branded him “disgusting”.

The Liverpool legend was caught on camera aiming mouthful saliva at the passenger window of a car containing the 14-year-old Manchester United fan and her dad after Saturday’s Red Devils victory over the Anfield outfit.

She claimed the spittle hit her on the forehead, making her cry.

The dad told how he had been having “a bit of banter” with the former defender which turned ugly after he mention the 2-1 scoreline. And he insisted the TV star must have seen his daughter was in the passenger seat.

Carragher, who had been covering the match as a SKY Sports pundit, last night phoned the girl and her father and said: “I just want to apologise and I hope you are OK.” The youngster told him: “OK, thanks for apologising.”

He had earlier admitted he was in the wrong but claimed he lost the plot after the ribbing went on too long.

The 40-year-old said: “It was a bit more than, ‘Hiya Jamie, it was 2-1’. It went on for two or three times. I drove away at first and it just continued. I lost my head. I shouldn’t have done it but I was thinking what is a grown man doing, carrying on like that two or three times with his daughter in the car?”

In footage of the incident shot by the girl’s dad, she can be heard saying: “He spat on me.” He asks her: “Where did it hit you?” She replies: “On my face.”...

Screen_Shot_2017-12-26_at_092508-1-copy.jpg

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jamie-carragher-spits-football-fan-12169442

They guy in the car might have been less than classy (not really tbh, only a bit of banter) but come on.

You're supposed to be a pundit, use your words you drooling idiot.

Edited by sne

6 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I agree, but that said, there hasn't been a single good commentator to emerge in the past two decades. At one point you had a prime Motty, a brilliant Barry Davies and Brian Moore who not only had a terrific voice but an incredible ability to vocalise the drama of a football match. Even Tony Gubba was good and a very old Ken Wolstenholme capable. BBC's lineup is pretty damn poor these days, on ITV you have Clive Tyldesley who I have never really liked (Peter Drury is good if he's still knocking around) and Sky are pretty shit as well, Tyler always been overrated and past his best, Alan Parry is the best they have and he's pretty ancient as well.

I think Tyler and Tyldesley are both pretty good.

Overrated possibly, and both have their faults, but I think they are pretty good really.

Although not a patch on the previous greats you mentioned.

7 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Motty doing his final live match comms on 5 live.

Should've retired years ago, struggling to keep up with play and is rambling on about stats while Arsenal nearly scored another.

I heard that, and it was hopeless. He talked over Steve Claridge constantly (even after asking him a direct question!), couldn't pronounce Mkhitaryan, Aubameyang, Holebas or Richarlison and, after getting a report from Forest-Derby from a female reporter, said 'don't worry, if you know this fixture like I do, there'll be some yellow cards soon enough darling' like the worst kind of golf club bore. 

Some good memories from him, and his voice will always be a memory of my childhood, but crikey, well past the use-by date at this point. 

12 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Alli is starting to look like a busted flush to be honest. Enormous drop off in level compared to the last two seasons. He's not going to become the player people thought.

Said before I think he will feel the media abuse in summer like Rooney in 2006.

Since Rooney retired thet have built him as next potential scapegoat

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Said before I think he will feel the media abuse in summer like Rooney in 2006.

Since Rooney retired thet have built him as next potential scapegoat

He actually hasn't been that bad but since they have went to a 4-2-3-1 instead of the 3-4-2-1 his productivity has dropped in terms of goals and assists. He still is a huge talent for me.

18 minutes ago, andym said:

Yep, i always remember how he failed to grasp the concept of goal line technology in the last World Cup

:rant:

Oh god haha! 4 years on and this still makes me angry. What part of this can you possibly be struggling with Pearce, you dense really bad person:crylaugh:

Edited by flamingsombrero
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

He actually hasn't been that bad but since they have went to a 4-2-3-1 instead of the 3-4-2-1 his productivity has dropped in terms of goals and assists. He still is a huge talent for me.

Maybe but for me he benefits so much from Eriksen and Kane but they dont as much from him

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sne said:

So I expect and hope that Jamie Carragher's career in media is over now after a video surfacing of him spitting at a 14 y.o girl after Plop's defeat to Man U.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jamie-carragher-spits-football-fan-12169442

They guy in the car might have been less than classy (not really tbh, only a bit of banter) but come on.

You're supposed to be a pundit, use your words you drooling idiot.

Someone gives some stick about football a few times and he spits at them? Imagine if he worked in the normal world, he'd be spitting daily. What a disgusting piece of sh1t! 

• Like 1

I suspect Sky will need to sack JC after this incident. There is no excuse at all for his behaviour.

He should have just told the dad to f**k off or laughed it off.

I wonder if there will be "assault" charges to follow. I'd be very tempted if he's spat at me or my daughter.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He has apologised and the family has accepted it but was a stupid and disgusting thing to do.

Them years playing with Diouf finally paid off

No doubt he apologised after it went viral and he saw his career flash before his eyes...

• Like 2

Not sure its a sackable offence to be honest but in this social media world im sure SKY will be left with no choice but to sack him.

They really need to find out what led up to it, I doubt a couple of waves and a shout of 2-1 prompted that, he might be a scally at heart but hes not an idiot.

1 minute ago, AVFCDAN said:

Not sure its a sackable offence to be honest but in this social media world im sure SKY will be left with no choice but to sack him.

They really need to find out what led up to it, I doubt a couple of waves and a shout of 2-1 prompted that, he might be a scally at heart but hes not an idiot.

this for me is worse than what andy gray did and he got sacked.

he only apologised because there was a video and he knows he has absolutely no leg to stand on. sack the vile scumbag 

• Like 2

Â